People trying to LOAN/GIVE baby items

I quite happily accept if they are in a nice condition and I like them.

I even buy off eBay. :)

I gave a lot of my sons' stuff away always good condition - anything poor went in the recycling bin.

I have also loaned a few items with the note that I would appreciate them back if possible but not to worry if they get ruined. This includes things like snow boots for toddlers (worn like 5 days a year!), ski trousers etc. also my bumbo which has now been used by 6 babies in 4 families and still looks fab.

I have also accepted lots of 2nd hand stuff - its really not worth buying everything new IMO - if I don't like something I'm given it goes be it something 2nd hand or something brand new that somebody has bought - at least I feel less guilty if it's 2nd hand

I've been given lots of hand me downs from friends and my sister and I really appreciate it. If never 'borrow' baby items though but always happy to receive clothes. All the clothes that I've ever been given were clean and folded though and the stuff I didn't want was given to charity. And I've given a lot of my boys things away but also always clean and folded, and near new quality.

I've borrowed clothes. I prefer to buy brand new but if something is in good condition I don't have a problem with it. My friend whom I borrowed clothes from pulled out a bin and let me choose what I wanted to borrow so I was able to still have things I liked.

I don't thrift shop though. But that's due to the fact I hate shopping in general and most thrift shops are such a mishmash of items and I don't have the patience to sort through them all. Even if a jumper is going for a quarter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->