People who like tattoos, do you think I'm too young?

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
I'm 19 next month.

I have been designing for a while and really want to get a back piece tattoo, no colour though as I prefer black and grey. I already have 1 tattoo on my upper arm which is a rose. I wanted to extend that round my back but more my right side as thats the side the rose is on.

Do you think I'm too young and might regret it? I mean the design I have come up with would look amazing if done by the right person. My parents are trying to talk me out of it because of my age but I don't see why....

No your not too young I had my first one done when I was 18 and now im 25 and ive got 3 and dont regret any of them at all I've even got my husbands initials and I wouldn't regret getting it even if we split up!! Designing it yourself would make it more special and unique!

I say go for it!! :D

Your not to young. If its what u want then go for it... + when ur old and wrinkly your back will be covered anyway so noone will see it... Like someone else said.. You only live once!

I don't think your too young. :thumbup:
I had my one done when I was 19 and am nearly 28, I have never regretted it, granted it was my Daughters name so that could be why.
If I wasn't such a wimp I would get more, one day I will. :)

Its up to you :) every time I wanted a tattoo I always waited a year and now I am glad I did as what I wanted when I was 18 was not something I would have liked now!

Both myself and OH are 19 at the moment, he is almost finished getting a full sleeve (will be 100% complete in January) and I am going to be getting my sleeve done soon too ! Do what you like, as a previous poster said, you only live once! xx

I'm not a fan of tattoos but 19 isn't too young! Just make sure it's reaally what you want. My sister had winnie the pooh on her hip 15 yrs ago, looks a bit weird now she's 44!!

The design I am getting is roses, basically as a tribute to my baby and my angels. I already have a rose on my upper arm like I said, I want to extend it but I am not planning on getting cartoon characters or writing or anything like that. But I am adding four rose buds in memory of my angels. I am really excited to get it done as a memorial for them, they deserve it. But thats not the only reason I want it. Basically want a half sleeve (have a quarter sleeve now) and the extend it up and over my shoulder :D lol i went off a bit there but oh well!

I was 18 when I had my first and at 24 I now have 9 tattoos. I dont yet regret any and hope that I never will..

All my tattoos have a meaning of some sort. When I seperated from FOB I went to the tattoo shop and I had a tattoo on my back. This is my favourite, whenever I think of it it reminds me of where I have been, where I have come from, what I have done and all the things I am yet to do.

I will never rule out more tattoos.. As long as I can find suitable places for them. :)

Its not to young. As long as you can be sure its not a 'faddy' thing you will regret later. Which obviously yours isnt. Your idea sounds beautiful by the way. I really love the rosebud idea for oyur angels.

I don't think 19 is too young. People of all ages get tattoos they later regret, not just young folk. As long as you take the time to be sure of what you want it to look like and consider if you'd need to cover it up for a future job (which would be pretty easy if it's on your back) then I'd say go for it.

I don't think 19 is too young, I have some body art too, but your back is valuable real estate... If you find something you like better later, you'll regret taking up that space.
You only have one back... Arms, legs, boobs, etc, you have two of, but you can only start your back once.

I got my first at 18, my second at 20 and my third at 22. I don't think you are too young. Also, doesn't matter what age you are when you get it there is always the chance that you will regret it later.

I was 13 when I got my first tattoo and that was too young I have 4 now and im 19 had my second when I was 14. 3rd when I was 16 and my last one when I was 18 ( carla's name) and that one i love. I regret my first 1 and wish my 2nd and 3rd were bigger but I love my last one. So I think your not too young. X

I don't think 19 is too young. I have three tattoos and I'm considering a fourth. :) I would just make sure it's something you can live with 20, 30, 40, 50 years down the line :)

If it's about something/someone that will always be special to you than 19 is definitely not too young.

I got two tattoos at 18, I think your age is fine. I also know that I wish I did not have one of them now. It is so ugly and not well done. Make sure you do what I did not, and make sure the pattern is something you will like in 50 years. If you like it, then do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->