Perineal massage/stretching?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Any of you ladies doing this? Or if this isn't your first, did you do it and did it help?

I thought about doing it.,,then realised that I couldn't really reach over my big bump ha ha

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well:haha: I know DH would be willing to do so if I asked, but I'm not sure if I want to so I was hoping to read input from others lol

I did it with my first pregnancy, or my husband did it really since I couldn't reach. I didn't tear at all and only pushed 20 mins. I definitely think it helped! I've only remembered once this time but my midwife says I'm likely not going to tear anyways.

This will be my 4th Time of doing it. The nurse does this for me when I'm in labor. It hurts hella bad but I've never ripped with my deliveries and 30 min push with my first and only 2 pushes with my others. It's worth it! Plus it doesn't cause much "stress" on your vagina a d so it goes back to normL. In my case better than before kids lol!

I didn't do it with DD and didn't tear but did have a lovely labial tear that needed stitching back together... nothing you can do for that!

I wanted to but just couldnt bring myself to it. I didn't tear last time I made sure that u panted during that ring of fire! GL if you do it

I tried and it was super uncomfortable and just plain awkward. Think I'll be skipping it lol. Praying I wont tear!

I try to do it every night. It's easier when I sit on the toilet to do it, but it is getting kind of hard!
I'm hoping it helps.

One of the nurses did it for me while I was actually pushing in labor. Completely without asking. I was SO thankful. I couldn't say whether it hurt or not, as I had an epidural. I did no pre-planning as far as that went, other than doing kegels.

I had no tearing or cutting--except I had to have just a couple of small stitches on the sides and my cervix tore a bit, which the massage doesn't help anyway.

How do you do it and when do you start? Also, what do you use for it? I bought some vitamin E oil that I thought I could use, but wasn't sure when to start or what to do?

I've never done it. Just looked it up and how to do it my dh said he will do it if I want him to but I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->