Period After Ectopic Pregnancy.

TeiganMax

Reaction score
Hi I have just had key hole surgery after an ectopic pregnancy and they removed my left fallopen tube. I had very very slight bleeding after the op and only when I wiped. I have had nothing since. Does anyone know how long is roughly takes to get your periods back?

Love L.

XXxx

Hello
So sorry to hear about your loss and what you are going through. I had an ectopic last october. I was fortunate that they were able to treat with methotrexate and so I avoided surgery. I guess it may be different as I didn't have suregry but my periods started approx 1 month after i stopped bleeding from the methotrexate. I used to have a 28 day cycle but they now tend to vary from 25-31 days.
Hope this helps, wishing you a quick recovery from the surgery x

Hi

I had surgery for an ectopic on March 27th. I was 5 weeks 3 days. I had been bleeding for 10 days before that. The bleeding stopped for two days after the surgery (lost right tube) however, 3 days after the surgery I started bleeding again. I am still bleeding although it has tapered off to brown discharge now. I feel like I have been bleeding forever.

I have had 4 previous early miscarriages and thought this was another one as I started bleeding a few days after I got a positive hpt. I started to worry when the period was still going after 8 days (not normal for me) and I had severe vomiting. So, I took a digital hpt and it was positive 2-3 weeks.

Also, before I did the HPT I did an OPK LH test. I always have a fade in line from day 9 of my cycle and ovulate about day 13. The OPK test line was way darker than the control line. I wasn't ovulating on CD9, I was pregnant! That is what really prompted me to take the HPT! So you CAN use OPK's as HPT's!

Starting to feel better physically and emotionally. Some days I cry, some days I don't. First IVF appointment next week.

I had an ectopic a year ago and they removed my right tube. I bled from the sugery heavily for a week or 2. I had a 'normal' period about a month after that...hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->