Period and copper coil? (tmi)

hypnorm

Reaction score
Oh lordy... this is my 2nd proper period since having Robyn, she has been breastfed since birth, Ewan i didnt have a period until he was 9 month.

Wasn't expecting it to be this heavy! i had a coil placed about 3 months ago and my mum warned me that she had very heavy periods.
Well i am using a mooncup (google it is=f you dont know what one is) and i am having to empty it almost every hour... its full and it is leaking too.

I cant use hormonal contrception as it gives me horredous migraines which i have only just got under control!

anyone else had experience with the coil... should it settle down... or am i going to be anaemic by the end of this:wacko:

at least when i was pregnant .. no periods to deal with!

one of the side effects of the copper coil is to cause heavy periods But it could just be hormonal after giving birth.
The mirena coil helps with heavy periods and can stop periods altogether, there is such a small amount of hormone in the mirena coil that it shouldn't get into your blood to cause hormonal side effects.
is this the reason you weren't offered this??

perhaps chat with your gp if you have a bad period next time
hope you feel better soon
Rachael
xxx

Doc said best to stay away from hormonal stuff if i get migraines.

I am in the same situation as you.
I have had one period since I had my coil inserted and was very heavy.
I have had 4 coils previously and yes it will settle down after a few months.

The doc told me first 3 periods would be the worse and to let it settle but he gave me some pills to stop the bleedin x

I have got a framless IUD too but i havent got strong bleed (they havent increased)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->