Period like cramps for 2 weeks

Payne

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help or shed any light on what I'm experiencing.
I have only just found out im pregnant, found out on Tuesday, think I'm 3 weeks.
One week ago I thought I may be due on as I had period cramps and dullness like I normally do, however it was a week before I was due on which was strange and it was for days. I wondered and thought it couldn't be right, anyway went through the weekend and tested on Tuesday, positive YAY, been trying for 2 years.
I still have all of these cramps and dullness, now it's moved more just to the right side and sometimes it's quite painful. I have period like pains every day. I keep wiping as I'm scared of seeing blood luckily nothing. This pain is also radiating down my right leg.
I'm just a little scared and worried. I've been desperately trying to get pregnant for 2 years and was finally seeing the fertility had a hsg and couple of months later I'm pregnant. But now I'm petrified cos of the pain. Can anyone help?? Thanks ladies.

Cramps are totally normal. I had them so bad, I was sure af was due. I even took ibuprofen as well as my paracetamol I was that sure and in that much pain, then I tested when there was no bleeding. They lasted about until I was 5 weeks ish but I still get mild cramps every now and again. I was concerned too about some right side then left side cramping, but seems that's just as normal. If the right side pains either don't let up, or become any worse, or if you also get any back ache or bleeding, get in touch with the docs. They'll want to just rule out an ectopic, but don't worry, it's unlikely to be ectopic (it's not a common issue, but it is important to rule it out). I don't think you'd usually feel pain from an ectopic that early either, but I could be wrong. Congratulations :)

Hi Mrs B, thanks so much for posting. I'm so nervous about any ache or pain I get, it's refreshing to read that other people out there have suffered with the same thing. Im a natural worrier anyway and now feel like it's elevated with any niggle.
I will definitely keep an eye on it and will call the docs if I need to.
Congratulations to you too. Thanks xx

Hi hun, I'm pg with no. 2 but with no. 1 I had cramps all through the whole pregnancy, sometimes so bad I was doubled over in pain. I of course brought it up at every appt but none of the gps, obs or midwives were worried. Cramps, aching, stretching pains are all normal in most cases as your body is going through lots of changes :)

I've gotten this with all of my pregnancy. When I was unexpectedly pregnant with my second-born, the cramps and pain was so bad that I was popping Midol all the time, for days. Oops, I found out I was pregnant and felt awful for all the meds I took, but he turned out all right. Those cramps had me doubled over at one point with all five of my pregnancies. Scary, yes, but it's usually not a problem. You've going to feel a whole SLEW of "wonderful" sensations you've never felt before. It will feel awesome at times, but it'll be worth it. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!

I can't remember with my first but definitely with this one I had lots of cramping at 3-4 weeks. It wasn't terribly painful but just sort always there. So yes I think pretty normal as long as it's not unbearable.

With this pregnancy I had pretty bad cramps and a "sore" uterus till around 10/11 weeks then it stopped. I never had it before and this is baby #4. It can be really normal.

Hi all, thanks so much for posting. It's really helped me to relax abit more, the aches and pains have dulled slightly.
I'm mega excited and am going to call the midwife tomorrow to get myself on the list and booked in. I don't know if it's too early but will call them anyway for advice on what to do next and when.

Congrats everyone. I wish all of you the best. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->