Period or post partum bleeding?

winterwonder

Mum to a angel baby
Reaction score
Eurgghhh, Sorry in advance if tmi, so all the bleeding post delivery had practically stopped this past week to 10 days, literally it was just the odd bit when i wipe, very pale in colour, then today i go to toilet and theres what looks like period in my knickers, i pop a pad in to see if its one off but theres still stuff coming out like a period but a very light period. Thing is would my period be back so soon or is this still lochia? Its just that i thought it would be ages till my period would be back, and the thought that my period came back practically a month after i lost my angel, it just seems wrong.

I found this thread today in the miscarriage section:

https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarriage-support/673-miscarriage-facts-myths.html

It has a lot of info about everything to do with m/c, and the 'recovery' section details a lot about bleeding afterwards - what to look for, etc. It seems to indicate you should have no bleeding for 20 days for it to be a proper period.

sorry...not sure I can be of any help, but didn't want to read and run...

I think it could probably be either your period, or still lochia...I'm not sure how you would know the difference, other than, the period will end after a few days. I think they say it takes usually 4-6weeks to return, so that fits? Everyone is different though, mine took 10 weeks!

maybe someone else will come along soon who is more helpful, lol.

xxx

I found this thread today in the miscarriage section:

https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarriage-support/673-miscarriage-facts-myths.html

It has a lot of info about everything to do with m/c, and the 'recovery' section details a lot about bleeding afterwards - what to look for, etc. It seems to indicate you should have no bleeding for 20 days for it to be a proper period.

haha Hellylou beat me to it with a much more helpful answer! Although...despite what they say about the 20 day thing, I had AF with no break in the spotting at all. Maybe I'm just weird!

xx

I had my 1st period 14 days after the bleeding stopped. I had Evelyn on 3rd April, I then had bleeding for 2 weeks and then AF came on 1st May. It was definitely my period as I then ovulated 14 days after on a 26 day cycle(our 1st month trying as we decided to try straight away due to my age). I had a lot of spotting leading up to my period and it was really light for a couple of months after loss.

Hope this helps hun, my dr told me that everyone is different and some people wait longer than others or get it sooner (as in my case)

Hope your body sorts itself out soon babe and sorry for your loss x

Hi Sweetie...I didn't want to just read and run either but I dont have much info on this, I bled forevvvvvvver after my Emma was born.. Sounds like some of the girls have came to the rescue with some info ... : )
Big Hugs sent your way!!! Xoxo

Sorry hun I cant help with this either as I bled for 8 weeks post partum due to retained placenta so had to have an ERPC - just waiting on AF now x

Hi there, I had lochia for 3 weeks, then after that had a two week gap, then my period. I'm now on my 2nd AF and it's bang on time, so that must have definately been it the 2 weeks after the first bleeding stopped. I think it varies from woman to woman and may also vary depending on the gestation of your baby and the method of misscariage. I gave birth at 20wks, you were 19 so it's pretty close. I also think the lochia was different - TMI, but it was mucousy and AF wasn't.

HTH xxx

I think it might still be lochia, i'm completely unsure really, because it had basically stopped, but now it seems the last few days every afternoon i just get a load of new stuff.
Idk i'm not going to count it as a period until i've had a decent break in the bleeding. Thank you all for the replies and the link Hellylou. xx

Hi,)
I lost Ava (I gave birth to her) on 3/3/2011 and I bled for 14 days and got my first AF on April 10th. I hate going through this , I am so sorry we all have to, it is like we don't know what is what anymore when it comes to our bodies :cry:.
I am so very sorry for your loss of precious Bud.. :cry:
XoXo :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back