Period pains??

RC86

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Has anyone or is anyone suffering period pain?
Yesterday I had very light period pain which continued all day (no pattern or anything) and during the day got worse. When I went to bed it kept me awake all night and were a bit painful to be honest. It felt like my period was about to start any second. This morning I had to take some paracetamol which has seemed to stop it.
It's not contractions because my tummy has been getting hard and the pain isn't radiating round my back it's all just very low in my tummy.
Anybody any idea what could of be causing it? It's made me feel a bit sick as well.

Thanks!

I've been having something very similar but maybe not as strong, it definitely feels like period pain. It's not in my back and doesn't come with tightening either, also doesn't usually come and go, it's more constant and achey. My midwife suggested that it is because the lower segment of the uterus is softening and starting to move up as the cervix thins and baby moves down/starts to engage.
It seems very normal and just another one of those pre-birth niggles we have to put up with, but my midwife thinks it's a good sign as long as you're happy with baby's movements and everything :thumbup:

Baby is defo still moving around fine causing me discomfort when she does ... I've tried googling if and nothing helped because it's not like contractions but more of a continuous pain like you said.

Hopefully it's a good sign that things are progressing towards labour for us!!

I've been getting this lately too! Mine doesn't last as long as yours, but it definitely feels like crampy period pains. It usually goes away within ten-twenty minutes for me, but I get so excited when it happens, I think "oh this might be it!" And then it fizzles out. :/ Hopefully soon!

Mine been going on over a week now. I had soft cervix and admitted fingertip tip. Head is banging away down there. I read this the early stage of labour which can last hours to weeks

Mine been going on over a week now. I had soft cervix and admitted fingertip tip. Head is banging away down there. I read this the early stage of labour which can last hours to weeks

Hopefully not weeks :dohh: it feels like being a teenager again when period pains were bad and made you feel a bit sick! Plus the fowl mood it's putting me in is going to make everything seem worse. The sound of someone breathing at the moment makes me wanna throw something at them...I think its safe to say I'm not gonna be a nice women in labour!! Lol

The last two days I've been having this exact thing. Even through the night keeping me awake. No pattern though so I know it's just pre-labour stuff, my body getting ready. It's normal for our stage of pregnancy;) it's when the pain gets more intense and doesn't go away that it's the real deal. Here's hoping;)

Hopefully not weeks :dohh: it feel safe like being a teenager again when period pains were bad and made you feel a bit sick! Plus the fowl mood it's putting me in is going to make everything seem worse. The sound of someone breathing at the moment makes me wanna throw something at them...I think its safe to say I'm not gonna be a nice women in labour!! Lol

Lol then it looks like I will be biting a few heads between the tears lol

This is just how labour started for me - a few hrs later contractions kicked in properly! Id say its definitely a sign tbh its what im waiting for this time! Id get excited if i were u!

I've been getting them randomly right now.. and by that I mean once or twice a week. They last about 15 minutes and then they go away. They are very uncomfortable and it feels JUST like your period is going to start!

Oh, I was just going to ask about this, I have been getting period pains for a few days now, mostly in my back, like another lady said, its like period will start any minute. Its not all the time just off and on, mostly when I have been laid down and then get up. It also feels like I have a bowling ball in the bottom of my stomach and its really weighing me down. Getting excited now, perhaps things are finally happening :happydance:

Another update re the period pains.. (sorry tmi) I've started getting them every time I go to the toilet, either way, anyone else? :blush:
I'm enjoying reading that it's been a sign for people :happydance:

Oh, I was just going to ask about this, I have been getting period pains for a few days now, mostly in my back, like another lady said, its like period will start any minute. Its not all the time just off and on, mostly when I have been laid down and then get up. It also feels like I have a bowling ball in the bottom of my stomach and its really weighing me down. Getting excited now, perhaps things are finally happening :happydance:

I started feeling like baby was heavy a couple days ago but today feels like you said I've got a bowling ball laying on the bottom on my tummy when I stand up!!

It does sound like its maybe the start of something for us all!!

Another update re the period pains.. (sorry tmi) I've started getting them every time I go to the toilet, either way, anyone else? :blush:
I'm enjoying reading that it's been a sign for people :happydance:

I had loose bowels this morning after all night having the period pains so I wonder if that's similar to how you feel? :blush:

Could be, my bowels are a little loose too. I always get that around my period as well, something to do with the hormones and the contractions of the uterus etc. Eeep we could keep up the thread, would be interesting to see how things develop for all of us?
I'm having more period like pains in my back right now... but I'm also worried about her movements so I'm just heading in to get monitored, I'm sure it's nothing but I've got to check, you know :(

Could be, my bowels are a little loose too. I always get that around my period as well, something to do with the hormones and the contractions of the uterus etc. Eeep we could keep up the thread, would be interesting to see how things develop for all of us?
I'm having more period like pains in my back right now... but I'm also worried about her movements so I'm just heading in to get monitored, I'm sure it's nothing but I've got to check, you know :(

Have her movements slowed down? I'm sure she's find but your always best getting checked to be sure and put your mind at rest!

I'm having the pains again now ... I'm crossed between taking paracetamol so I can get rid of the pain and relax, but then the pain is also reassuring me at the same time that something is going on so I don't wanna take the pain killers :wacko: I just wish I knew how long from this it is until going into labour! I'm also hoping they don't continue all though the night again because last night was horrible!

We should keep this thread going to see how we all get on over next few hours/days/weeks :coffee:

I'm due on the 2nd June...a week on Monday and I'm hoping she comes either early on on time!!

I've been having period pains the last 5-6 days.. but yesterday and today have been much worse and lasting longer and they are also radiating to/from my back !! It's beginning to get quite uncomfortable.. I'll be really interested to see how dilated I am on Friday! I want her to stay in until 37 weeks so we will see! I've also been having contractions every 5-7 mins the last week and a half, the Dr said I'm in prodromal labor, so every little thing has me curious if it's getting ready to go all out!!

I am also trying to hold off from taking painkillers. Using ice pack to help with back pain. Can you use hot water bottle?

I am also trying to hold off from taking painkillers. Using ice pack to help with back pain. Can you use hot water bottle?

I was wondering the exact same thing last night ... Used to use hot water bottle to help with period pains but wasn't sure if you can use them now!

I have loose bowles every morning at the mo, just getting aches and pains over hips at the mo and a few in my back, I get a lot of pulling behind belly button aswell. I am not taking pain killers, I like having the feelings, it makes me feel like somethings happening :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->