Period sort of feeling on and off

Nicolajayne

Reaction score
Hi their everyone I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd, my son is 8 this year so I've pretty much forgotten what it felt like first time around.
But I wanted to ask is this quite a typical feeling. I keep getting this on and off through out day since I got pregnant that feeling you get when your on your period.
That sort of achy lower belly and inner vag feeling. The one where you just want to shove a few paras down your throat with some choccy and put a hot water bottle on tummy feeling.
Does everyone else get this?
I swear I remember feeling like I was about to come on when pregnant with first but not as frequently or achy as I am with this one.
I've not bothered contacting dr yet and waiting till 8 weeks.
I've got horrible feeling this little bean ain't going to stick :/

I had exactly the same. When I was 5 weeks I woke up during the night with horrific pain, like bad period pains. I was sure I was going to come on. They eased after a few hours, but the next week or so I still had cramping. It made me so nervous, I couldn't get a doctor's appointment and then by the time I did I had convinced myself I was overreacting so I cancelled it. I had the cramps until 7 weeks and since then they've eased. I had a scan at 7+4 and baby had a perfectly healthy heartbeat. It must just be growing pains, but I freaked out too! Good luck x

Yea I been googling it like mad and sounds like it's a normal thing but makes you stress a bit lol.
I keep checking theres no blood every time I go to the toilet cause I literally have that horrible period belly feeling. It's not painful just that awful aching feeling right now down.
Right will stop stressing lol cause it ain't going to change anything.
Thanks for reply x

I had pretty bad cramps that didn't feel like my usual period at all from 3-5 weeks. At 5 weeks the cramps calmed down and were less frequent but starting to feel exactly like I was about to start my period any minute. This lasted on an off until about 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure it's just normal stretching. I still feel weird sensations in my uterus that are sometimes almost like very mild menstrual -like feelings but not as noticeable or frequent at 10 weeks.

yep I get these too! had it coupled with gas last night and was in agony I've woken up feeling really bruised

Yep, I’m having those cramps too. I’m about 5+5 and this is my first pregnancy. I’m totally over analyzing my symptoms and that’s is driving me nuts! But glad to know a lot of women experience that. Drinking a lot more water water has been helping me even though I feel lazy that I’ve to pee that many times more.

Glad I'm not the only one then :). So far so good. 6 weeks on Friday. Its dragging lol!

I have been getting back pain and pain in my uterus that is kinda different from period cramps, but they are still worrying me!

Hi
Yes I have had mild like period pains on and off since falling pregnant. Around 4 or 5 weeks I really thought my period was coming.
I've also had low backache throughout.
Around 5 or 6 weeks I kept getting really sharp stabbing pains that was mainly around the right hand side. Also what felt like a stitch kind of pain. I still get that now esp rolling over in bed. Its round ligament pain.
U get stretching pains very early on in pregnancy like even as early as 5 to 6 weeks it's just ure body getting ready to grow ure baby.
I know its worrying but its normol.
I'm now 12 weeks and 3 days and still get aches and pains. Just everything stretching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->