Permission to birth at hone and a doula!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Hi! Despite my whole pregnancy doctors telling me I must be in hospital on labour ward for loads of pants reasons - I have finally been discharged for everything and am managing my gd by diet. My consultant agreed to home birth! I also have a doula.

I am a little frightened of things going wrong but not as frightened of laboring on the ward. How can I find out more about the risks?

How practical is a home birth pool? Where do I get them from?

Also I have spd - will this make it harder or can I still relax and hypo through it?

Excellent news hun!

You can start to focus on you now rather than OB's and what they think is best!

Lots of people here have got their pools from ebay and got new liners as its cheaper, but La Bassine pools are a name I hear a lot (I want a pool but have had to compromise and have a dry land birth as hubby doesnt want a HB!).

No reason SPD should make things harder - esp if you are at home it wont be touted as a reason why you cant do this that or the other. You will be more relaxed at home and able to get comfy however you choose.

Great news you will be getting the birth you want :)

I had a la bassine pool which is an inflatable pool and its very strong and supportive i highly recommend it. Have a look round ebay and see whats available.
I think birth pool in a box is pretty popular too. Try ebay and google and have a look round. Have fun shopping :)

Excellent news!! Talk to your doula. She should be able to cover all your questions and give you information during your antenatal sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->