Persona, Clearblue fertility monitors?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Is anyone using these as a form of contraception?

Were currently spending between £15-£20 a month on comdoms and since im going to be using them for the next 2 years im thinking it may be more cost effective to get one.

Whats you experiances of them?

How did you bring up the subject with oh?

I'm using Persona and "backing it up" with temperature charting. It works well for us but you have to be aware that it's either no sex for like half your cycle or still condoms for like half your cycle. So seeing as the Persona test sticks still cost you about £10 a month (buy them on ebay or 2-for-1 offers and they're not too bad), you wouldn't actually save that much.

If it's a money thing you could chart your temperature (which costs you about £3 for a thermometer once) and just be really conservative and only have unprotected sex AFTER you KNOW you've ovulated. I've said this already today :D but "Taking care of your fertility" by Tony Wechsler is a really good read...

My OH was on board with it immediately but maybe our situation is slightly different, as we're married and in our late 20s. What are you concerned about? Do you think he'll not think it safe? Cause really, if you involve him and show him your charts etc then he can see for himself and will probably be ok with it.

I'm using Persona and "backing it up" with temperature charting. It works well for us but you have to be aware that it's either no sex for like half your cycle or still condoms for like half your cycle. So seeing as the Persona test sticks still cost you about £10 a month (buy them on ebay or 2-for-1 offers and they're not too bad), you wouldn't actually save that much.

If it's a money thing you could chart your temperature (which costs you about £3 for a thermometer once) and just be really conservative and only have unprotected sex AFTER you KNOW you've ovulated. I've said this already today :D but "Taking care of your fertility" by Tony Wechsler is a really good read...

My OH was on board with it immediately but maybe our situation is slightly different, as we're married and in our late 20s. What are you concerned about? Do you think he'll not think it safe? Cause really, if you involve him and show him your charts etc then he can see for himself and will probably be ok with it.

OH wouldent go for just temping, not sure hed go with using a fertility monitor

Seriously, have a look at that book. I think it depends very much what kind of person you are, but if you're being thorough and responsible then nfp is as reliable as the pill. And you learn so much about your body.
Having said that, I use both as well, as I don't trust myself not to "misinterpret" things. :D

Lozzy, there's no way my OH would go for something like this either - he's so so so careful! He's so strict with the condoms and if he had his way I'd be on the pill AND use condoms!!! Grrr!! I so can't wait till we can stop using them! I think we've been using them solely for about 3 years now so it will definitely be amazing to not use them any more!! x

We just bought one on Saturday although we are hoping we won't need it. It was too good a deal, saved us about £60 and thought it was worth the outlay now incase we didn't catch quick and could maybe used it in 6 months or so.

If we fall, I'll just sell it on.

I would only use it though if we were happy to get pregnant as I am not sure how much I'd trust them on their own!

xxx

Id be happy pop's, he wouldent but has admited if i did get pregnant he'd come round to the idea rather quick

Id be happy pop's, he wouldent but has admited if i did get pregnant he'd come round to the idea rather quick

Well I'll let you know if we need this one or not and if you still haven't got one, you can have first dibs x

Thanks hun, ill have to sweet talk OH and see if hed go with it.

Look into the Ladycomp!! https://www.ladycomp.co.uk/

It's proven to be 99.3% effective. It's a fool proof form of charting, it detects ovulation. Gives you green lights to say your're safe. Red to say you're fertile, and yellow if it's unsure. Takes a few cycles to get used to yours, providing your cycles are less than 44 days long it's reliable.

I have one, and love it! Obviously it means you have to abstain/use condoms when you're fertile, but it's greeeeat!! I love NATURAL contraception. It is NOT the rhythm method.

It is expensive, but works for 10 + years. It's 300 quid. If anyone wants to buy, do NOT buy from natural methods, they are rubbish. They take months.

Raxmedical is the way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->