petit filou

k8y

Reaction score
I was happy to find out that babies can have petit filou yogurts from 4 months as the are formula based rather that fresh milk, I gave one to James last night and he loooved it he was going mmmmmmm while he was eating it. Its only that brand though. Anyone else give these to their LO'S?

Really??? I never knew that... Off I go shopping!!

I did and she still loves them has one a day soemtimes 2!

formula based? surely they still contain lactose? that doesn't ring right.

they still contain lactose which is why they advice not to give things like yoghurts before 6 months

https://www.petitsfilous.ie/faq/

I heard they're full of crap. You're better off with te Little Stars yoghurts and fromage frais.

I got a voucher for these in the last bounty pack so gave them a try and Sam loves them

There is a teaspoon of added sugar in each one! I'm a bit unsure as to why you would want to give these to a 4 month old.

A teaspoon? :shock:

I picked up a couple of packs because they were BOGOF last week but think i'll be back to little stars when i do my shop on Monday!!

Yup, I looked at the link milkmachine posted and that's what it says!

And thats one of the lowest sugared ones on the irish market too :shock:

Those pots are tiny, a teaspoon is like half the pot, thats terrible!!

I didnt know that!...my LO used to have them. I think i started to give them to him from 6months...no more though! x

Elliot has natural yoghurt and loves it!!! We weaned at just before six months though (well, he did!!!)

the best flavored fromage frais with the least sugar are from the basic range if your going to give these hv gave me that tip and apparently tesco came up the least sugared ones.

i'm not a huge fan of these, little stars and petit filous are just a marketing bribe and yup full of sugar.

natural yoghurt with a bit of fruit puree, lots cheaper and tastier and also healthier :thumbup:

I give Charlie these, didn't realise they had loads of sugar in them! He will onl eat petit filous as well, he won't eat any others x

also tried liam with them back to homemade puree with natural me thinks

They are not made with formula....they are made with cows milk the same as other yogurts/fromage frais are made. The website says from 6months onwards.

I found these Plum Organic ones on Ocado website and I get them for Erin and Toby
https://www.plum-baby.co.uk/our-food/our-dairy/id/45#content

The website is great too and gives recipes as well not just promoting their ready made food:happydance:

My health visitor said all the fromage frais etc which says from 4 months is so heavily processed all the things in cows milk which might be harmful are taken out so they don't do any harm... I'm not too keen on processed food of any type so I avoid these.
Nearly all baby puds contain lots of sugar. I recently bought an organic baby rice pudding and was horrified with the amount of added sugar in it - organic or not!
Even those such as the Plum range contain sugar but its labelled as grape juice extract... i.e. grape sugar :dohh: Comes from fruit but its still extra sugar. Natural yoghurt with unsweetened fruit puree is a great option I think x

i only gave zane yogurts from 6 months onwards (he was weaned at 4 months) i just wasnt sure about them so i waited, hes gone off them recently tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->