Petition

MaevesMummy

Reaction score
I havent been arround for a while, it is very sad to see all the new posts.
Please can the UK users check my petition and sign if they agree. I apologise in advance if this causes any offence. It is bnot my attention, and I realisse not everyone will share my veiws.
https://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27534

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hey hun i cant sign as im not in uk but just wanted to ass my support anyways xxxx glad to hear from you and i hope all is well xxxxxxxx

Sory I havent been arround. I still had an awful lot of anger I needed to let go. :hugs: I am working my way through new posts. How are you? xxx

100% agree hun, I think its awful calling it a miscarriage. I know we had a discussion on here a while back about the term 'miscarriage' being used for our losses. A miscarriage is awful, but to me a miscarriage is a feotus that is not fully formed, something that happens before the relative 'safety' of 12 weeks.

Fully signed! I wish I could post this to facebook as I feel really passionate, but only a select few people that I know actually know that I was pregnant & that I have lost a baby in the 2nd Tri.

Come on ladies ...... get your signature on there!xx

Sory I havent been arround. I still had an awful lot of anger I needed to let go. :hugs: I am working my way through new posts. How are you? xxx

totally understandable hun! glad to have you back though:hugs:

im doing really well how are you feeling?xxx

My losses have all been 1st trimester but I agree with you 100%. Not in the UK so I can't sign but I applaud what you're doing.

I havent been arround for a while, it is very sad to see all the new posts.
Please can the UK users check my petition and sign if they agree. I apologise in advance if this causes any offence. It is bnot my attention, and I realisse not everyone will share my veiws.
https://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27534

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi, I have just signed the petition.

I agree with this completely. I gave birth to my LO on 12th Jan 12, baby was 13-14 weeks gestation.
A perfect little baby.

I hope lots of people do sign this.
:hugs::hugs:

Hi, I have just signed the petition. Its great what your doing and I completely agree. I thought I was the only one that thought this but good to know your doing something about it. I lost my LO at 19 weeks and it will be a month next week. I'm currently trying to change the policy with my current hospital on how they treat 2nd trimester cases when someone comes into the hospital with a bleed or other complications. There were things they could have done to try and diagnose the cause of my bleed and possibly preventing the outcome but they didn't bother instead I was sent home without further basic checks. I've currently got a complaint investigation case going on with them on 5 different issues but I'm also trying to fight how they deal with cases for 2nd and 3rd. Please keep me updated and if there's anything I can do to help let me know.

My losses have all been 1st trimester but I agree with you 100%. Not in the UK so I can't sign but I applaud what you're doing.

I think alot of work needs doing with 1st Tri losses too. My Best friend had a leaflet shoved her way and was sent home. :( Staff see Miscarriage frequently, its very sad, and I guess you become de-sensatised, but to the woman involved, that is there baby. People are also umprepared for the uterine contractions that can take place. I had to talk my friend through it by text. She didnt see anyone after, and had no one to contact. Very sad! I pointed her in the direction of the Miscarriage Association. The language they use can be dreadful sometimes.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi, I have just signed the petition. Its great what your doing and I completely agree. I thought I was the only one that thought this but good to know your doing something about it. I lost my LO at 19 weeks and it will be a month next week. I'm currently trying to change the policy with my current hospital on how they treat 2nd trimester cases when someone comes into the hospital with a bleed or other complications. There were things they could have done to try and diagnose the cause of my bleed and possibly preventing the outcome but they didn't bother instead I was sent home without further basic checks. I've currently got a complaint investigation case going on with them on 5 different issues but I'm also trying to fight how they deal with cases for 2nd and 3rd. Please keep me updated and if there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Sharing it is the only thing I can think of, also if everyone tells their MP of this, and why it is important to them, I think that might help? I went through the complaints process, it does help, as I said above, I had alot of Anger issues, they hung arround for a long while. It took over a year, and I am still not happy, but I feel I have got my point across. My story is similar to yours. I strongly feel that life before 24 weeks is not treated as important, and suspect had they treated me with antibiotics after pPROM I might have made it into viability. Current guidelines though are not before 24 weeks, and cloudy for 23 weeks. I have come to accept though Viability does not mean Maeve would have made it. If you need any help at all please feel free to PM me. xxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I've signed it and shared it through facebook. It does annoy me, especially when people try to sympathise and say things like oh i had a miscarriage at 8,9,10 etc weeks, yes its sad no matter what stage a miscarriage happens and i have experienced both, but giving birth to bud was not the same as when i had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. People need to know there is a difference.

That's awful! :nope: Sometimes I think how you're treated depends on what day, time it is and who is working. I had a lot of bleeding with my last pregnancy (lost one of the twins in first trimester but carried the other to term) and one of those times I was barely 14 weeks with the remaining baby. The staff on hand took it very seriously and made me stay overnight, checked on my constantly etc. I came in again at 18 weeks and was basically told "nothing we can do, sorry for your luck". They scanned me but kept talking like they assumed it was the end. Fortunately, my body sorted itself out but they made me feel like a bother and that losing the baby wasn't that big a deal. Maybe there was nothing they could do but a little sensitivity would have been appreciated!:growlmad:

This is where a written policy would be so useful--every staff member would be trained in how to treat those going through a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->