pets and pregnancy

05mummy07

Reaction score
Sorry this has probably been asked before but my phone will only let me scroll so far!

My dog is doing my head in! Since becoming pregnant she has been glued to me, which is lovely but so dangerous especially when I'm carrying one of my toddlers down the stairs, she will literally stop on every step to make sure I'm right behind her.
Also she is whining so much this lately, not quite sure why though but it's becoming a little annoying now. Plus she gets very jealous of my OH coming near me!

Anyone else's pets starting to act weird around them? I know people say they can sense pregnancy and I have no doubts about that with Ella ' recent behaviour x

Was going to post something like this, my dog is driving me mad, everytime I move he's by my side, and I dont think its just to see if im going to get him a treat from the kitchen, :haha: he's not normally as bad as this, Im like sit your ass down and stop following me! lol. Everytime I turn round there he is staring up at me! arggghhh lol.

x

Haha know the feeling well! It's like they're weighing up your every move - between the kids and the dog I can't even pee in peace!

Annoying but I find it really cute.
Our dog was like that when my mum was pregnant with my little brother (a long time ago). He was so protective of her. When we (the kids) were walking him he used to pull so hard on the leash but was so gentle with my mum. And when baby arrived he was wonderful with him. The poor dog had his ears pulled so many times by the crawling baby and he never said a thing. (We did stop the naughty baby baby doing it though ;) )

It's very endearing, definitely. Our poor girl has a 2 year old and 1 year old already who use her as a climbing frame yet she doesn't bat an eyelid at them - she's so gentle despite all the bad names her breed get. I know she'll be fab with a baby around, just need her to realise I'm not going to come to any harm if she isn't glued to my side lol x

My dog is literally up my butt 24/7. Whatever room I'm in he has to be in. Oh did I mention he literally has to sleep in my shirt? He wasn't like that until I became pregnant. :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
My dog is literally up my butt 24/7. Whatever room I'm in he has to be in. Oh did I mention he literally has to sleep in my shirt? He wasn't like that until I became pregnant. :haha:

Ha, sleeps in your shirt. I actually laughed out loud at your pic!

My dog is exactly like that. If I go to the bathroom and close the door before she makes it in, she whines and scratches at the door. :wacko: she has to sleep under the blanket curled up right next to me, I can't even move lol as annoying as it can be, it's kind of cute. I think pets can sense when you're pregnant.

I deff think mine senses it because he's been so crazy lol. It's cute but some days it drives me insane

Hey ladies iv got 2 dogs and 4 cats- one of the kitten s is annoying but he is obsessed with me anyway- I shut him in the kitchen at night and the two dogs get a cuddle on the bed then gave to sleep in there own cage/beds and they are really good about ut. as for the getting under my feet bit I'm getting stair gates early and getting them used to being locked in or out of a room whilst I'm doing whatever I need to do. Just make sure they still get attention and train them with treats if they stay in a room nicely- give a treat. If not no treat. or tell them to sit and wait etc- hoping it works I'm quite lucky with my two anyway ( the female knows I'm having 'puppies ' the male doesn't give a rats ass lol

I have 3 male cats and a female. Haven't really noticed a difference in the males yet but my female cat usually wants nothing to do with me while she's in heat but this time she wouldn't leave me alone and hasn't since. She follows me everywhere and even sleeps under the blanket against my belly lol

Amazing isn't it how they just know something is up with us. My pregnancy with my girl I had a female cat and she was all over me too lol

I have two Labradors (one male, one female) and they do seem to be very clingy at the moment - they're demanding more attention and generally seem to be more cuddly than usual. Plus, if I'm sat on the sofa then they seem to fuss over who gets to lay closest to me whereas usually whichever dog wasn't cuddled up against me would just cuddle up at the end and use the other dog as a pillow... now they're both wanting to lay on me!

You're definitely not alone. OH's dog hasn't left me alone in months. We had mutual hatred for each other before I got pregnant. I say hatred, it was more "I'll feed and flea you if you promise not to attack me while I sleep" kind of agreement. We're best friends now. She doesn't nip at my ankles and even lets me walk her. It's great! Xx

Ha, I haven't heard of this one!

I have a feeling my dog won't change. She doesn't seem to have that type of sense of empathy. But it's early yet so we'll see...

I'm pretty certain my girl is experiencing a phantom pregnancy or something. Today she has taken to 3 small cuddly toys and has been carrying them around with her then placing them under her to sleep. Very strange behaviour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->