pets behaviour

bubblz82

Reaction score
Has anyone had a change with the behaviour of their pet?

I did with first pregnancy with the cat. She was their right through my mmc and a week later disappeared. The dog stayed the same.

This pregnancy I thought the dog was being the same but after tonight and some thought. She is actually barking at some people and dogs. This is so out of character and she doesn't do it with hubbie.

How are you pets doing?

I know my dog can tell because the day before I got my bfp she wouldn't stop resting her head on my belly. Now she could care less! Before I adopted her, she had a rough life and had never been fixed so she had a lot of sets of puppies before. So...I think she's just over it lol

Aaww poor wee pups. I am sure that her resting her head on your belly is a wee way of saying thanks. I had a friend her dog stopped jumping on her. My wee one seems to be protecting me

Last time the dogs went really gentle and didn't jump up or anything, they started doing it before we knew and we were wondering what was up!

This time they haven't changed which just makes me paranoid, lol

My dogs have really started playing up the last couple of weeks, pooping in the house in the night and always waking up in the night to go outside :/ they've never done this before and I need my sleep :( lol

My cat, around 7-8 weeks, started being really gentle and avoiding stepping on my belly at all, instead laying in my lap and resting his head on my tummy. Now he doesn't care and steps all over me for cuddle time.

My kitty lay on my tummy from about a week before my bfp and he still does it now, also every night he waits for me on the stairs then comes to bed with me - nudges his way under the quilt & spoons me :cloud9:
Sends baby nuts cos he can feel Henry purring so baby will kick lol.

The dog has always been protective so I haven't really seen much difference tbh!

I have a horse that will rub her head on my belly ONLY when I'm pregnant and she only does this while I'm pregnant. It's very sweet but, as she's a big horse, she can get a little rough LOL.

We have just had to rehome a cat, but before she did she got very clingy and started trying to get on my lap. Which is difficult when your feeding a baby.

My dog wants to lay all over my legs when she gets up on the bed with me and she usually doesn't do that. My cat who is usually very loveable to everyone, absolutely hates everyone but me right now. Won't let anyone but me pet or even touch him!

My dog is driving me up the wall! He was being sweetly clingy but the last few days I could merrily throttle him... Well, you know what I mean!

He's been a nightmare, barking when I've left him for a minute, refusing to settle, being hyperactive and a bit boisterous, and he is being a nightmare on walks - running off and not coming back when I call him, eating dog poo.

He's always been a bit difficult, but....!! It's like he's worried he's going to be left out or something.

X

Last time the dogs went really gentle and didn't jump up or anything, they started doing it before we knew and we were wondering what was up!

This time they haven't changed which just makes me paranoid, lol

Don't be getting paranoid. My dog has been different both times. Thid time I thought it was that "teenage" stagw that she was going through. But as it is only with me then it looks like she protecting me

My kitty lay on my tummy from about a week before my bfp and he still does it now, also every night he waits for me on the stairs then comes to bed with me - nudges his way under the quilt & spoons me :cloud9:
Sends baby nuts cos he can feel Henry purring so baby will kick lol.

The dog has always been protectiv e so I haven't really seen much difference tbh!

That so cute with the purring and baby knowing it. Aaawwww. My cat was so good during my first pregnancy. I was never sure to believe in animals behaviour during pregnancy but that made my mind up

thankfully mine are being fine i have 5 so couldn't cope with bad behaviour, they are incredibly attatched to me anyway so are always clingy

I only have exotic parrots and at first they seemed more needy and clingy, now they're good.

Once I'm 7-8mos pregnant I plan on carrying a life-like infant doll around to get my birds used to the presense of our bundle of joy before s/he has come.:hugs:

My cat is always very snuggly, so there hasn't been any noticeable change there, but my dogs have been even more clingy than normal! They follow me around constantly, even waiting outside the bathroom door sometimes. It is kind of cute, but they are about 80 pounds each so they can get in the way sometimes! :laugh2:

With my first pregnancy my dogs were always under my feet or would rest on them. This time around they want nothing to do with me and avoid me, lol, I think it's because they know a second mini-me is on the way and they've already gone through my DS and his antics.

Our oldest dog prefers my husband but around the time I found out till now at night he comes and lays by me instead.

It's sorta sweet, but then I feel bad about crating him when I'm tired enough to sleep, but we have 3 dogs total and I need my space now LOL!

My dogs are definitely acting weird. They have always been known as chilled puppies because they are just always happy with or without someone near. But since the day beforei found out tge get very jealous of anyone near me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->