Petty rant

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Ok its a petty rant but why when your in the chatroom do people allways ask "are you Preg or TTC?"

They never ask if your wtt, its like were not important or dont exsist to the rest of the forum:cry:

I mean, come on, were FIRST after the techinal stuff and the newbie announcments.

Sorry im just in a bad mood and its got to me.

Maybe it's just me that asks people if they are wtt, ttc or preg, then? I was wtt for a while and never experienced any problems. :S

I think it's just because most people with be on this forum because they're either TTC or pregnant. I think we're a bit of a rare breed... Don't take it personally though I'm sure nobody means to offend!

I was in there once or twice too and it also happened to me..

I think it's just because most people with be on this forum because they're either TTC or pregnant. I think we're a bit of a rare breed... Don't take it personally though I'm sure nobody means to offend!

Absolutely right! Most people in there used this board at some point, and naturally moved onto TTC at some point. Most people tend to either say 'hi, are you wtt, ttc or preg?' or they say 'are you ttc etc?' because it is quicker to say. I tend to wait until I have chatted to people for a short time before asking them which board they are from, as I then have a better idea without having to go through every single board name!

TBH I think some of the users of other boards could be offended by this because we don't exclude anyone from wtt at all; in fact, mostly in the chatroom, we talk about non-baby stuff!

Absolutely right! Most people in there used this board at some point, and naturally moved onto TTC at some point. Most people tend to either say 'hi, are you wtt, ttc or preg?' or they say 'are you ttc etc?' because it is quicker to say. I tend to wait until I have chatted to people for a short time before asking them which board they are from, as I then have a better idea without having to go through every single board name!

TBH I think some of the users of other boards could be offended by this because we don't exclude anyone from wtt at all; in fact, mostly in the chatroom, we talk about non-baby stuff!

Its not about what is talked about in the chatroom, its just when they ask you what board your from. Only once have i been asked if im "wtt,ttc, preg or other" and yer i havent been in much lately but id used it quite a bit in the past.

Its not about what is talked about in the chatroom, its just when they ask you what board your from. Only once have i been asked if im "wtt,ttc, preg or other" and yer i havent been in much lately but id used it quite a bit in the past.

I know it's not; I said that because the implication was that we only think about those who are either pregnant, trying for a baby or having children already!!
And I used it quite a bit as well and have never had a problem whatever board I am from. I include everyone, but I also don't write a list of loads of boards when asking where someone is from. I tend to wait until I have gathered a bit of info, use my brain and work out where someone might be from and then ask. It's just like in every day life when you ask people questions - you don't think of every possible scenario or situation and people are not trying to offend anyone or exclude anyone at all; they certainly know the board is here because a lot of us actually used this board for a while and still know people in here.

Why are you taking this to heart? You have said you ask so why is it such an issue?
Others have said they have noticed the same thing so its not like im imadaging it.
It was a rant to get feelings of my chest not to have a go at people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->