Peyton Elizabeth is here!! (W/PICS) A dream delivery...well...most of it.

southpaw23

Reaction score
Peyton arrived on 11/29/09, the day before her due date. Today is too busy to write the birth story....but I wanted to show her off!

Peyton was 7lbs 6oz and 20in long at birth. The birth went soooo smoothly. I went into the hospital at 12:30am on Sat. with contractions about 5-6 min apart. They checked me and I was only 1.5 cm. I was pretty much convinced that I would be sent home. They had me walk for 15 min and checked me again an hour later, I was at 2cm now. Progress, very little, but it was still progress. They couldnt hold me until I was at 4 cm so they had me walk some more. I kept progressing until I made it to 4 cm. They moved me to a birthing room.

Now the pain is really strong. They couldnt give me an epidural til 5 cm, so I had to wait. They had mentioned that during contrations, Peyton's bp would drop and that this was probably due to her head being pushed up against my pubic bone. The nurse just had me roll to my other side and that seemed to help. I was at 5 cm about 2 hours later and they could finally give me the epidural!

After the medicine kicked in, I couldnt feel much from the middle of my bump to the bottom of my feet. For some reason, the right leg was much more numb than the left. Lying in bed waiting to get to 10 cm, I felt like I had no right leg. I tried so hard to move it, but couldnt. It started to make me panic. I kept having to tell myself that my leg WAS still there and this was just an effect of the medicine. I DO NOT like to be restrained and this feeling was kind of like having my leg restrained to the point that I couldnt move it whatsoever, that is why I was having such a fit over it. Anyway, I could not feel ANY of the contractions at that point. At about 5 that night I was 9.5 and ready to push. The dr. wasnt there, but the nurse had me start pushing anyway.

I didnt have the urge to push, as I couldnt feel the contractions, pressure, nothing, so the nurse had to tell me when I could push. While I started to push, the nurse got all of the necessities ready and OH held my leg while I pushed. At this point, I noticed the TV straight ahead of me. I could see me, 'spread eagle' in the reflection of the glass. I told the nurse I didnt want to see anything, so she covered it up with a hospital gown. My mom was there, snapping pictures. We got some really good shots! After a handful of pushes, dr was there and things got started. They were telling me when to push and I would get in about 3 good pushes before the contration was over. All you would hear from me was grunting as I tried to hold my breath that last little bit to get a good push in. I was feeling NOTHING. Peyton crowned and OH said she has a lot of hair. He asked me if I wanted to know the hair color, in the midst of a good push, I grunted 'yes'. He said it was brown. As Peyton crowned, the dr asked me if I wanted to feel her head. I reached down and gingerly felt the top of Peyton's head. I felt her soft head, covered with hair. All the nurses, the dr, my mom and OH were saying how well I was doing. During times of relaxation, OH bent down and said that I was doing 'amazing' and kissed my forehead. After about 20 mins of pushing, Peyton's head was out. I found out after the fact, that the cord was wrapped, not once, but twice around her head. I am so glad dr. didnt say anything at the time or I would have paniced too much to push.

He told us, when he came to check on me the next day, that he wasnt very concerened at the time because it was loose enough that it wouldnt cause problems at this time. OH saw it too, but figured that if the dr didnt mention it that he wouldnt either.

I was surprised at how OH was looking down at all the action the WHOLE time. He joked previously that he might not be in the delivery room because he wouldnt be able to handle it. So when he was watching the whole time, it was a shocker. When he started to be able to see her head I could tell that he was getting choked up. His eyes were getting watery and I could hear lil sniffles.

A couple final pushes and Peyton was out. It was 5:18 that evening. The dr said later that she made her own way out, meaning that I had torn. The dr held her down at an angle, cleared her airways and then had OH cut the cord. She was placed on my stomach and I could see Peyton for the first time. She was beautiful. In all honesty, it felt really surreal. The first thing I said was, "this doesnt feel real" haha. The nurses took her after a min or so to clean her and such. While I had delivered the placenta and was being sewn up (neither of which I felt) I heard the nurses, who had Peyton, were giggling. Peyton pooped while they where doing routine testing on her. Good thing she held it until she was out of the womb! She then had a bath and the nurse gave her a mohawk as she was drying her off. She called for daddy to come and snap a picture.

Daddy had previously asked to be the first to hold her since I had been 'hogging' her for the last 9 months. LOL I said that I was fine with it, but that I wanted to bf right after that. The nurse passed Peyton to daddy and he was beaming. I could see his eyes get misty and his nose a lil sniffly. After being stiched and cleaned up I finally got to hold my lil princess, skin to skin and bf her for the first time. The nurse had me hold her football style and she eagerly rooted for my breast and latched on immediately. The nurse commented that she had never seen a baby so easily find the nipple and latch on!

The whole hospital stay was great. Peyton is the most calm baby I have ever seen. She hardly cried and we had to wake her to bf by undressing her and waking her up. That, she doesnt like. The nurses all commented that she was adorable and the lactation nurse was amazed that she had taken to bf so quickly and easily.

This labor and delivery was so easy, I have been joking that I am spoiled now for my next one. lol

Attachments

• three.jpg
    three.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 177
  • fists.jpg
    fists.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 73
  • pink brown.jpg
    pink brown.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 78
What a lovely story! Brought tears to my eyes. Congrats she's beautiful :flower:

Congrats hun, she is a little beauty xxxx

I always like to read a birth story where the poster says that labour was not that bad!

Congratulations on your little girl!

Congratulations -thats such a lovely birth story. Well done you !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->