Peyton has arrived early

cparks1

Reaction score
On June 30th, I went in to the hospital to do my normal non-stress test that I was required to do up until I deliver. I had been having contractions all day and asked the nurse to check me. I was dilated to a three (I wasn't due until July 15th). They sent me home. I got home and ate dinner and at 8:15 pm, my water broke. I wasn't sure if that's what was happening at the time so I waited to call the hospital. They told me to come in so we got to the hospital around 9: 30 pm. By the time I arived there I was dilated to a four so they sent me over to a labor and delivery room. I was a five in no time. My contractions were right on top of each other. They gave me something for the pain at this time and it made me very drowsy. Before I knew it, my contractions were right on top of eachother and they were trying to get the guy in there to give me my epidural but it was too late. I went from a five to a ten within 45 minutes. He gave me a shot of something, but I still felt every bit of pain. At 2:07 am, Peyton was born. He weighed 7lbs 5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. I cut the ambilical cord. I can't explain the emotion I felt when they put him on my chest for that very first time. I felt God's amazing power and couldn't believe that he had given me the greatest gift of all. After two hours in the labor and delivery room, they transferred me to a post-partum room where I stayed until Thursday July 3rd. I have been breast feeding and it is going well. I am still sore and trying to heal from delivery. They gave me pain medication to take as well.

So far, me and Peyton are doing well. Mama isn't getting a whole lot of sleep though, but that's to be expected. Peyton has his first doctor's appointment Monday so I am anxious to see if he checks out okay with the doctor.

wow congrats on ur quick labour what a good weight bubs was to. xxx

Congrats!! Kudos to you sounds like you one tough mama! I am still freaking out that I wont get my epidural on time =] Glad everything went well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->