Peyton or Paityn?

Clayrose

Reaction score
My partner has loved the name Peyton for years. I like it as well but I don’t want the name set until bub is here.

As I was looking through facebook a dreamcatcher with the name Paityn through it came up and our Peanut kicked at the same time. So it would seem bubs has picked her name and the spelling of it.

Also my partners name is Clayton but he is always called Clay. Is it too weird to call bubs Peyton/Paityn if dad is Clayton?

Please help!! I need some advice.

Peyton for sure, Paityn looks entirely made up and she'll spend her whole life spelling it/correcting it (I have a name like this and it annoys the heck out of me). I also don't think trendy spellings age as well as a classic spelling. So yeah. Peyton. Alternatively, I think Payton looks slightly more feminine and is still a legit spelling of the name.

Clayton and Peyton is a bit weird but if he goes by Clay a majority of the time I don't think it'd be enough of an issue to scrap a name that you both like.

PP makes some good points.. but I still prefer Paityn. I find it to be a prettier and more feminine spelling.

Even if your son goes by Clay, you'll still end up signing Christmas cards "(parents names), Clayton and Payton" which might look a bit funny.

I have a name that is most commonly spelled a different way too, and I'm just used to correcting people. It doesn't bother me really.

Definitely Peyton. Assuming Paityn is pronounced the same as Peyton, it looks like someone changed the spelling to make it more masculine for a boy, which wouldn't bother me but I know it would bother some people. It also looks made up (although I live somewhere where Peyton isn't a common name at all so it could be much more normal to meet Paityn's elsewhere).
Peyton and Clayton is too rhymy/matchy for me, although if you love the name then you could just make sure you don't shorten her name to Pey and encourage family/friends to use the nickname you choose. Her friends may shorten her name to Pey but they're not likely to use her dads name often so it wouldn't come up that much :)

Paityn sounds like something you cook a pie in (pie tin). That is how it reads to me, and it looks very weird.

I actually like the spelling paityn, I think it seems more feminine

I prefer Payton, then Peyton. I do not like Paityn at all, it looks silly to me. Just my opinion though. As for the rhyming thing, I don't really think that matters since he goes by Clay.

Minties, exactly what I thought when I read it! She would be called Pie-tin for a lifetime in NZ.

I prefer Peyton and know a little Peyton through extended family and think it's a lovely name.

Thanks Ladies. I think we have agreed on Peyton as the spelling.

Not that correcting people would bother me, I have had to do it for my name with spelling and pronunciation and it never bothered me. I will usually answer to anything rather than correct people.

We still want to keep our options open until she is born but Peyton is the winner so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->