PGP anyone been to docs/physio UK

hopefully85

Reaction score
I'm in agony. Had to leave work early. Can't afford this for another 4 months :'-( Has anyone been to doctors abt it??

i have hypermobility so i have it and my physio has told me to be really really careful basically

I went to gp with it in last pregnancy and he refered me to physio. they gave me a support band which i couldnt really get on with but the hands on stuff they did helped a bit. if it gets bad they can supply crutches. good luck

i did with last pregnancy. tbh they are a bit useless, theres not much they can do for you other than tell you what to avoid and give you a bump support belt. I've just started getting it again this past week :(

i have been waiting 8weeks since my referal and its been 12weeks since i said to the doctor ...hopefully you have more luck than me

I can't get an appointment either!! Is there any pain relief that can be taken? I am struggling with running around after an 8 month old xx

^ no, not really :(

I have been suffering with pelvic pain, back pain, buttock pain and my mw referred me for physio and I have had an appoinement come through for PGP clinic for a wk on tuesday. It is a small group session. Not sure what to expect! Lol.

xx

I've had this pain for about 6 weeks now. Didn't have it with my DS but did damage my sacrum in a fall downstairs about 10 years ago so don't know if the pregnancy is aggravating that. Some days I feel about 38w pregnant and really struggle to move about.

I've been referred to a physiotherapy group session a week on Monday. After that they'll decide if I need any more help.

Pip x

So glad I've found this thread! I've been experiencing pain in my buttocks, lower back and hips for about a month now when turning over in bed, getting up from a sitting to a standing position and sometimes when going up stairs! Didn't have a clue what it was but as I suffered with mild sciatica before I was pregnant then just put it down to that flaring up a bit more than usual!

The last couple of nights its been a lot worse though - I think mainly because I'm off work so instead of sitting at my desk all day, I've been out and about with the OH doing different activities etc So I started googling and came across PGP which describes EXACTLY what I've been experiencing! I've got a MW appointment booked for next week to discuss it with her and see if I can get a referral for physio because that seems like the best option...

Anyone else have any other pain relief tips?

Thanks ladies x x x

Ive just booked an appointment with my gp because I can hardly walk with it! Ive been telling my midwife about the pain since I was 14 weeks and she keeps fobbing me off. Im so fed up and cant believe she has let it get this bad without refering me to physio or anything. :-(

My MW was pretty crap about it too... tried to tell me it was too early for me to have it but when I rang physio they said it was pgp (think this was around 16 weeks) x

theres a support thread in pregnancy club ladies should still be on the front page i bumped it yesterday loads of advise in there,

i had pgp/spd very bad with ds2 and started getting the same niggles starting now, the MW and doctor and physio had me on Co-codamol for the pain caus i wasnt functioning without it but they dont like you taking pain meds more than you need to, instead getting a birthing ball to sit on and using managment techniques like wearing a support band "Mine is this one" is what they prefer in severe cases once your into 3rd tri they can give out crutches but dont like to as it makes women think they can do more than they should be doing.
if your waiting for an appointment id buy the supportbelt yourself first caus the ones the NHS provide are rubbish and tend to be more for SPD pain than PGP pain.

take a look at the other thread theres so much i could type into here about managment but its all in the other thread anyway

tbh the physio wont do alot but check out how much looser the joints have gotten and what your painfree gap is for moving your legs etc... its worth an appointment to talk through birth positions though caus you cant use some posistions,
the whole reason i have PGP is because of how i gave birth to ds1 combined with a prior back injury that had my pelvis out of line during his birth and damaged it.

she keeps trying to tell me its normal pregnancy pains. Im not being funny but I have had two children already and I know this isnt normal. Shes plain useless anyway.

Where is your pain located hun?
if its in the pubic bone then tell your MW is SPD or get an appointment with your GP and tell them you want a physio referall and ask them why they wont give you one , alot of practitioners dont acknowlege spd and pgp but more know of SPD than PGP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->