PGP/SPD sucks :( anyone else feeling fed up?

xsadiex

Reaction score
I just want to feel like me again, I can't do anything anymore without being in pain. I want to enjoy going out with my son but it doesn't take long for the pain to kick in and ruin everything. We don't have a car so I have to walk everywhere which makes it so much worse.

Cannot wait to have this baby! Sorry just had to have a rant :(. Anyone else suffering?

I completely feel your Pain!
It's especially bad in my left hip, right inside the joint... And recently the twins have gone bum down so there's a lot of strain on my pelvis. Most of the time I just have to put up with it (my 2 year old won't run around after himself sadly) but other times I admit defeat and we have to have duvet days, picnics in bed for meal times and stuff.

Still... Not long to go and it'll be worth it!

ME?? I would love to be pregnant and not have to whinge/be in pain.
I have to sit at a desk for 7 hours a day and I literally cry every day with the pain and nothing I do helps :(

me! I want to do so much in the house and can't because of pain. And I feel so guilty because I can't do alot of things dd wants to do because of the pain :(

Me! me me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!
The pain in my groin on my left side is killing me- walk for too long PAIN, sit for too long PAIN, lay on one side for too long PAIN, turn, move, sit up PAIN PAIN PAIN!!!!!!...... once i have mastered the art of levitation i'll be dancing! :happydance:

ok moan over lol

Me. The pain in my right groin is so bad and pubic pain is awfull. I got into shower cubicle today ti give it a good scrub, crouched down and the couldn't get back up again. I only just fit in the cubicle now so I think it's going to have to be another job for the hubby. I do have crutches but they are a pain to use when you have a child already. Roll on the next 7 week's x

Are any of you taking pain killers? I feel guilty whenever I do

I tried taking paracetamol but that did nothing so I stopped. I was told I could take codeine but it can make you constipated and I'm already a bit unpredictable in that department so I just deal with the pain instead.

I've not taken any pain relief, I just moan about it lol

Lol I'm hardly ever taking pain relief as paracetamol doesn't seem to do much and codeine I'm allergic to. I just feel real guilty taking paracetamol when I do as im already taking two anti sickness tablets a day.
Think I shall have to start taking something regularly soon though.
I'm so looking forward to being able to function normally again but trying to enjoy these last few weeks as this will be the last baby we having. Hubby going for snip asap lol.

It's so hard isnt it :(. I don't take pain relief as I have honestly never really thought about it (lol) I just can't imagine paracetemol touching it. I do have co-codomol but it makes me really sleepy and if it constipated me any more than I would cry!

Have you all been to the physio? They gave me loads of excercises to do, I do some of them but I really find it hard remembering to do it. They said if i were to do them 3X a day it's very likely the pain would start to improve in about 3 weeks. I really need to do it!

Ive been to physio and have exercises to do too but remembering to do them is hard. You would think it be easy to.remember with being in.pain but normal life things take priority lol.

Have any of you ladies been referred to physio for spd?
I'm going next week, but at my antenatal clinic it was run by physiology dept and was amazing insight into causes and effects and ways to soothe. I'm hoping my physio will help relieve the pain, I just don't want to have it effect me after the birth, I have a friend on crutches and one in a wheelchair 6 months after labour as their spd was so bad after birth. X

I am fed up of the pain too, had it the last 13 weeks! Drs, midwife, consultants don't care.

Dr gave me cocodomol to take, which I don't tbh, I have occasionally but he wanted me to take it everyday!

I have sat there crying and they just say its normal.

I work at a desk too, I have been doing 11hour days to build up flexi to use up before maternity starts.

I feel like I can't do anything, I feel like my hips are getting stuck in position, dr said to me to go swimming 3 times a week. I said no way I can do that working full time, doing college twice a week in the evenings. I am too tired...I have given up asking the medical profession for help now :( I am sure this amount of pain is usual, but they seem to think it is

Doesn't help either I am still in pain with recovery of a broken foot from last year and also I tore the ligaments in my knee in November :(

Moan moan moan lol

I am looking forward to being pain free in 13 weeks time :)

I was feeling just like you up until about a week ago! I think baby must have shifted position or something. I still have pain, but i can walk for short distances without needing my crutches! This is a first for me in about 10 weeks. Normally even with crutches after 10/20 mins i'll be in agony and have to sit down, i'm now managing that without them before i need to sit for a bit. Hoping it stays this way til he arrives (he's 4 days late so far) Hope it eases for all of you the way it has for me :)

Lets hope it eases up! Did my excercises just now then had a cry :( feel so sad I can't take my son out and keep him entertained. Can't believe I have 7 more weeks of this crap.

I've not been diagnosed with SPD because I haven't bothered to mention it to any medical professional, but I'm just in constant pain in my legs, hips and back. So maybe I've got it, who knows. It bloody sucks anyway. Not taken owt for it, I just scream, grit my teeth, and move when I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->