PGP support belt

P

Pippasdvision

Hi ladies the psyhio has given me a support belt for my pgp but I am not totally sure I am putting it on right. I know for me it needs to point down at the front but I dont know how tight to put it or where on my lower back it should go?

Hard to say since I don't know what belt you have. I have one too and was shown how to put it on. Mine also has a leaflet in the box with instructions, have you checked for that? So, roughly mine has on the back a long and a short end, the long goes downward. Then there's two velcro straps that are put together below the belly (just above the pubic hair). Then there's two more straps on the sides that I can use to tighten things up, which will lift or lower the belly. It shouldn't get too much lifted, but you'll figure out. I find the belt great when I walk, it takes a lot of pressure off my back, but have to take it off when I sit, it tends to push on the main arteries, which is very uncomfortable. Hope that helps!

Where do u put it across ur back is it over the pain. Above or below?

Sounds similar to mine too.

My pain is more at the front than the back, so it goes round my bum and down slightly at the front. You put it on with the middle of the belt in the middle at the back then tighten it with the other two velcro bits.

I think if your pain is at the back you wear it slightly higher at the back rather than round your bum.

My physio showed me how to put it on.

My Physio put it on for me but I can not remember how high it was stupid I know guess I will try it higher if pain is better then I got it right thanks

How is the belt working out for you? I might have to get one as well as I have started getting PGP and am waiting for appointment with physio.

I got mine from the physio last week and I think it helps when I am on my feet to a degree but is no use sitting down and just eases the pain back a little so am taking less painkillers. It is not a solution but it seems to help ease the symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->