'phantom pregnancy' on mini-pill - anyone experienced this?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been on the mini-pill for about 3.5 months (I'm halfway through my 4th pack) and on the whole it's agreeing with me which is nice as I've had a lot of trouble with pills in the past. However I've been experiencing some symptoms that I've had with my pregnancies with all 3 of my boys pregnancies and it's making me a bit uneasy. It's highly unlikely as I have been taking my pills properly and also we haven't been active in that way regularly since the arrival of DS3 so I'm seriously not expecting anything of it. However, these symptoms are mild but definitely there to the point that my hubby has noticed my weight gain, enlarged boobs, and better hair and skin. I have a sweet tooth normally and that has gone and once again everything tastes 'off'. I'm shakey, nauseous and tired but that could be down to other health issues I have but this past month it's gotten much worse to the point that I went to the Dr's! This past 2 nights I've also had insomnia which I always get when I'm pregnant, but I have been known to get it randomly anyway. I haven't taken a HPT generally because the liklihood is so slim and I don't want to waste money. Thing is as well that I've never had morning sickness or anything major even when I have been pregnant, so this is all very convincing lol.

I have done a quick bit of googling and it would seem that at 3-4m it's common on the mini-pill to experience some pregnancy symptoms but not necessarily to this extent or for such a long period of time (been going on about 3-4 weeks now) but I don't want to spend the rest of time feeling pregnant! lol :haha: Anyone got experience of this?

Thanks

I had pregnancy symptoms with the depo injection which is the same hormone i think? I would test just to put your mind at ease :flower:

I have had several cycles where I was convinced I was pregnant, but I never was (on a different pill though). Including this one, where I have the symptoms and my period was a complete no show... but the tests said no.

I agree, test to get an answer one way or another! :flower:

Thanks all for the replies. I tested today on a boots own and bfn as expected. The symptoms have eased but its still not great and i'm pretty fed up lol. I had terrible cramps the day before yesterday so i have made a note on the calendar to see if there is a pattern. Hubby thinks it was maybe ny body attempting to do something which the pill won't let it. I am hoping it will continue to settle as i still cannot eat sweets or spicy food and i am also now caffeine sensitive which sucks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->