pharmacy lady needs a slap! Little rant. Pretty pointless thread.

i worked at boots if she had sold you that she could have lost her job anything like that has to be supervised by your doctor if he thought it was that much of a problem he would have put it on a prescription , its the same for diabetics. the only thing we are legally able to advise to to use for anything is paracetamol.

but i understand that she was very rude about ff/bf its none of her business also when i was younger i used to get warts all the time the only thing that got rid of them for me was carex handwash everytime i washed my hands and rubbing banana skin on it everynight x

Hi lilwelsh. I'm a GP and your Doc wasn't giving you 'witch doctory' advice at all. Duct tape does work as PPs have said. Also if you soak the wart and file it with a pumice stone once a week.

The pharmacist was just doing her job, I know it's irritating but she has a duty of care to you just as much as your GP does. I've looked in the BNF (doctors med bible) for you and it doesn't specifically say topical salicyclic acid (which is what treatments like wartner contains) is contraindicated in pregnancy however oral salicyclic acid is...I've seen an article on babycentre saying the higher dose topical treatments can penetrate the skin to the levels of a lady taking one aspirin a day.

As for if she wouldn't give you the cocodamol if you had just asked for it as opposed to having a Doctors prescription, you're right she wouldn't. But again that's her doing her job. Prescribing anything in pregnancy or higher risk patients is a tricky business and the buck stops with the Doctor. When you give a script in to the chemist and they deem it high risk they often contact the prescribing Doc to say 'wtf' and we tell them WHY we are prescribing and they then dispense it because they know the risks n benefits have been considered by a responsible medical professional. However for over the counter meds the pharmacist is the only health professional in that exchange so they have to act in the patients best interest....which can often go against what the patient wants unfortunately.

:hugs: Try the duct tape! :)

How would a pharmacist know that you were buying Bazuka/Wartner for use on yourself anyway? Surely it could be for partner/children?

she asked if she could see the wart. I suppose she had to check it was an actual wart and not another finger growing or something? :shrug: i dont know lol. She had a good inspection too, pressed on it and everything, which i found a bit OTT but maybe its part of her job? I didnt ask for a consultation she just did that at the counter with a queue forming behind me.

I had a wart on my finger went to doctor and she said the freeze stuff is fine to use not the sacylic acid ones but they dont prescribe it so I would have to buy it

Hi lilwelsh. I'm a GP and your Doc wasn't giving you 'witch doctory' advice at all. Duct tape does work as PPs have said. Also if you soak the wart and file it with a pumice stone once a week.

The pharmacist was just doing her job, I know it's irritating but she has a duty of care to you just as much as your GP does. I've looked in the BNF (doctors med bible) for you and it doesn't specifically say topical salicyclic acid (which is what treatments like wartner contains) is contraindicated in pregnancy however oral salicyclic acid is...I've seen an article on babycentre saying the higher dose topical treatments can penetrate the skin to the levels of a lady taking one aspirin a day.

As for if she wouldn't give you the cocodamol if you had just asked for it as opposed to having a Doctors prescription, you're right she wouldn't. But again that's her doing her job. Prescribing anything in pregnancy or higher risk patients is a tricky business and the buck stops with the Doctor. When you give a script in to the chemist and they deem it high risk they often contact the prescribing Doc to say 'wtf' and we tell them WHY we are prescribing and they then dispense it because they know the risks n benefits have been considered by a responsible medical professional. However for over the counter meds the pharmacist is the only health professional in that exchange so they have to act in the patients best interest....which can often go against what the patient wants unfortunately.

:hugs: Try the duct tape! :)

thnaks hun, im not disputing the duct tapes efficiency im just surprised by how i was dealt with. As a hairdresser i know customer service and i know about approaching possible sensitive issues with some level of repsect. I felt like i was treated like a complete moron, im glad i wasnt in there for thrush cream or anusol! :blush: i've had warts frozen off before but they dont do it on the NHS anymore the results r effective and quick which is what i like. Walking around with duct tape on my finger for 6 days is not quick. But like i said its been growing since my BFP whats 6 more weeks? My clients havent spotted it so all good. I just found the pharmacist a bit rude with the BF-ing thing. And her sorrys were sarcastic with a cat that got the cream look on her face! Weirdo! Lol.

Hi, I've heard about the duct tape one before and if I'm right in remembering what I read, it works so well because the duct tape prevents light and oxygen getting to the wart and so starves it to death. Which kinda makes sense really, so definately worth a try before opting for nasty chemicals imho :thumbup:

Ah don't let some snotty ho-bag upset ya hon! They're like that with everyone, one of my colleagues had a run in with them recently too over some thrush cream (I ask you) even though the pharm knew she was a GP. My mate was fumin!!!! :haha:

Isn't co-codamol what they give you for early labour?? I swear my midwife gave me some!

yes it is a doctor told me in the hospital that it is fine to take during pregnancy if you really really need it its just that they dont advise it as it can make your baby sleepy.
I had kapache or what ever it is in early pregnancy given to me by a midwife but in the chemist they will not sell it you.

As said in a previous post the world has gone a little mad my nan says the same she will say we didnt have all these bloody guidelines when we were pregnant and your all ok lol

A lot more babies had birth defects or died. Same with the mothers. The guidelines are in place for a reason.

Isn't co-codamol what they give you for early labour?? I swear my midwife gave me some!

yes it is a doctor told me in the hospital that it is fine to take during pregnancy if you really really need it its just that they dont advise it as it can make your baby sleepy.
I had kapache or what ever it is in early pregnancy given to me by a midwife but in the chemist they will not sell it you.

As said in a previous post the world has gone a little mad my nan says the same she will say we didnt have all these bloody guidelines when we were pregnant and your all ok lol

A lot more babies had birth defects or died. Same with the mothers. The guidelines are in place for a reason.

obviously somethings yes but others are a little silly like you cant eat certain foods because around 1 in 10 million had a problem come on seriously whats the chances could have even been coinsidence that whatever happened happened like the previous posts its fine to take cocodamol when pregnant but they wont sell it to you :shrug:
my pharmasist the other day wouldnt even sell me anusol for god sakes cos she wasnt sure if it was safe or not and after humiliating me infront of the whole shop shouting very loudly "can this lady take anusol for piles in pregancy" thanks for that mrs wana strap a sign on my head tell the world i have piles and anusol is 100% safe during pregnancy :-/

I got refused for canesten without a prescription which I can understand because my doctor said many things are prohibited in pregnancy as there aren't enough studies suggesting that certain medicines are safe in pregnancy. But then again, which pregnant women would partake in a medical trial knowing that there might be side effects? My oh used to get verruca and bazuka did not do its job for months but the duct tape did

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->