Phenergan (promethazine hydrochloride) for Nausea - Anyone please??

SophieBey

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
Has anyone been prescribed phenergan for their nausea? How many mgs hve u been advised to take? Thank u

I was but requested zofran instead because phenergan knocks me on my butt! 25mg is pretty standard for phenergan but I am really sensitive with it so usually take half that. I use it for sleep and 12.5mg is plenty for me.

Same as pp^^. That stuff made me a zombie in my first pregnancy..I slept like 18 out of 24 hours. This time around I used zofran and its amazing. No side effects for me at all and works instantly

Phenergan can be used for nausea in pregnancy, but mainly is used for people with a bad tummy bug. I recommend Zofran because it doesn't have any side effects (for me anyway).

Thank u ladies for the input. Im waiting for doc to get bak to me x

Phenergan can be used for nausea in pregnancy, but mainly is used for people with a bad tummy bug. I recommend Zofran because it doesn't have any side effects (for me anyway).

Actually it is the standard for pregnancy where I live. In fact, my OB had to prescribe it first or my insurance (large national company) wouldn't have covered the zofran as there has to be a "reason" you can't take phenergan. That is relatively common (at least in my area of the states) since phenergan has been around forever and is cheap while zofran is much more expensive.

Though I obviously agree that zofran is better. There aren't any common side effects and allergies to it are very rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->