phone call from midwife re blood tests :~( confused

mrsty

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
HI ladies ... am a little confused.. (doesnt take much! :rofl:)
had a call from the clinic today saying that the glucose test on my bloods came back 'borderline' at 6.5..
they want me to go in for a glucose tolerance test on thurs next week..
i know what a glucose test involves but was just wondering if anyone knew what 6.5 was and what the likelihood of GDD is with those results???

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks in advance for any help ladies!

xx

I have no idea hun im having my blood tests done tomorrow xx

I think a normal blood sugar result is less than 7.5, but not sure about criteria for diagnosing gestational diabetes x

was this a traditional test where you drink and then wait an hour for a blood draw? or did they do an a1c test on you?

this was a standard blood screening (for everything) i have to go back for the Glucose tolerance test as i came up 'positive' on this one?.....

I've gone through this when I wasn't pregnant -- and never been diagnosed as diabetic. I don't know what the statistical likelihood is, but elevated levels could be a result of other factors. Try not to worry! I know, easier said than done eh? Good luck!

we don't use the same measurements here so I don't know about the 6.5 but you could have high readings from eating to soon before the test.or having a sugary drink or something. The glucose test you will be told what to eat or not eat before the test and they will have you drink a sugar drink and wait an hour then test your blood to see how well you tolerate the sugar they gave you.

oh and IF you do have GDD it's not that bad just have to watch what you eat til baby is born and check your sugar a few times a day. not bad really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->