phonecall to say cystic fibrosis

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1320388086 This is me on facebook x

thank you all, It is such good advice, i will give her the toys and see what happens, if they begin to look a bit dirty i will chuck them out straight away. There are so many question sthat keep cropping up! x

just had a thought...If a sibling of someone with cf cant play with someone else with cf for fear of passing on infections, how come they do parents meetings? surely this poses a massive risk? im not saying your wrong and dont want to sound like im being 'funny', just wondering! x

just had a thought...If a sibling of someone with cf cant play with someone else with cf for fear of passing on infections, how come they do parents meetings? surely this poses a massive risk? im not saying your wrong and dont want to sound like im being 'funny', just wondering! x

I thinkkk if you mean parent evenings for parents of children with cf..they probably expect you to not bring your LO's along..
I have read stories on the internet about bestfriends having CF so i suppose some people dont worry so much either xx

My facebook is www.facebook.com/tamsinashleywilson
if any of you would like to add me x

ones without the children. Surely all the parents swap their bugs then go home to their children with cf? Same principal as (sorry to use you as an example!) sophie playing with evie and then going home to max? So can people with cf hang around others who have a sibling with cf? X

ones without the children. Surely all the parents swap their bugs then go home to their children with cf? Same principal as (sorry to use you as an example!) sophie playing with evie and then going home to max? So can people with cf hang around others who have a sibling with cf? X

I have no idea to be honest hun :nope:
I always thought the kindve idea behind children with cf not mixing was because they grow more harmful bugs/bacteria than a normal "healthy" child would iykwim? So if they mixed..and one had some type of bacterial growth common to cfers..then the other without it could catch it..i dont THINK a "healthy" child would catch it..or they wouldnt have such a problem from it as their lungs can clear it away unlike children with cf? Does that make sense? :blush: I dont know if thats right thats just the jist of what ive got from it..x

^ Thats the jist of it I got too...Evie wouldn't be able to catch or grow the type of bacteria that a CFer could, so there would be no way that she could take it home and pass it onto Max iykwim? :thumbup: So yeah, Evie and Sophie could play together without any worry about Evie passing something from Max onto Sophie or vice versa :D Still with me? :haha:

& yeah I believe the parents evenings are meant for the parents without the children coming along :)

I have this problem sometimes, as my little sister (8) has a good friend with CF (mum2be I noticed you have her mum on Facebook! :) ) and so we always have to make sure Max and her aren't in contact...when it comes to my little sisters birthday, she has to have two parties...one for friends and one for family! :thumbup:

xx

thats cleared it up, thanks!!! Also... Sophie had her 2nd set of jabs yesterday and last night was a bit unsettled, gave her some calpol but noticed throughout the night she was coughing a little bit, not chesty at all, almost dry, nothing today though. Should I phone the hospital or just wait and see if she starts coughing today? x

Evie had her jabs on Friday hun and shes coughing and has a runny nose too :thumbup: So I'd say its connected to the jabs..but as you say, if it gets worse or isnt gone in a couple days give them a call..or if it'd put your mind at rest give them a call anyway :hugs:

xx

Yep as others have said CF bugs can't really be caught by non CF people like us with CF can catch them, sorry if I didn't explain it properly.
Yep those parents meeting/groups are meant for parents only, they used to be for the CF patients too (they even used to do group days out in my hospital) but over the last 10 years they have changed things and no longer like CF patients to mix due to risk of cross over infection.

I wouldn't ring the hospital yet, wait to see how she goes. Some days/nights you may notice she will be coughing a bit more than others most of the time it's pretty normal but if the cough persists speak to her team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->