Phoned triage for advice & ended up admitted

Annie77

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
I have been having painful tightenings since Friday afternoon or so, kept me up most of fri night and then yesterday they were coming anywhere between 5 & 35 minutes apart and lasting for a minute.

Basically, my cervix is closed and posterior and tightenings are registering between the 20 & 40 mark on the ctg which is 'reassuring' but still shows activity which they can't say is braxton hicks or early labour. They gave me paracetamol but still having 2-3 painful tightenings within the hour afterwards so they asked me to stay in. Initially I offered to go home and come back if I kept getting them & they agreed if I signed an 'against medical advice' form - I just agreed to stay if they felt that strongly.

Have had literally no sleep - 2 young girls in my room have been sitting up chatting since 5.45am (only got onto ward at 2am). Keep on getting tightenings too. Hopefully they will decide what to do later on this morning.

Ps I should have said they are only concerned as I need to have section, preferably without me going into labour. Doctor said baby is fine to be born right now but everyday inside is a bonus. My poor DH was so tired at 1am this morning, he would have offered to do a section himself if he could!

That is so selfish chatting at 6am!! I hope you get some naps in during the day xx

U poor thing, as pp said hope u can nap today. Fingers crossed baby stays put a little longer :flower:

Managed a wee sleep whilst the others showered and moved to labour ward etc. Baby has turned again and is breech now. Ctg shows some tightenings but 'unremarkable'. Just waiting in the doctor to make a plan.

Try to keep baby in for at least another week if possible...

Waited until 3.50pm to see a doctor & she took all of 30 secs to discharge me! What a wait but also a relief to get home to my own bed. My tightenings stopped all together by lunchtime by which time baby had turned herself into a breech/transverse position.

Glad to hear everything is ok! :). Enjoy the comforts of your own bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->