Picking formula for gassy/reflux infant

HopingFor2v1

Soon to be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
DD2 is formula fed and we're having trouble finding one that works with her. She's got reflux and is extremely gassy. So far, we've tried Enfamil Gentleease and Nutramigen (We're in the US). With gentleease, her reflux was causing her a lot of pain. We switched to Nutramigen (which we used with her older sister for colic and reflux), mixed with a small amount of rice cereal per the pediatricians recommendation, but she is getting constipated and still extremely gassy. The reflux is a bit better but now she's in pain from being constipated, poor thing! We switched to a soy based formula today to see if that helps with her gas, constipation, and reflux.

Do you have any recommendations or ideas of things that could help?

I use Gentlease as well but for my gassy LO, I used Mylicon infant gas drops before her feed to help with gas. Eventually her digestive system matured and can poot without pain :)

Gentlease didn't work for us because it caused so much reflux. Went through a lot of different options. Currently having very good luck with Similac Pro-Sensitive.

I use Holle organic for both my DD(2 months) and DS (18 months). Lets be honest I had to try maybe 5 or 4 other brands with my DD before I found the perfect one for my kids. You can order it form myorganicformula.com if you are interested.

I know its been awhile since anyone posted here but did you find a formula that worked?
My 8 month old has severe reflux and is actually on Prevacid. Ive been through Alimentum, regular enfamil and we are currently on Gentlease. Gentlease takes care of all his stomach issues except the reflux. Hes happy. Never cries but spits up every few mins and only eats 5oz every 3 hrs. He sleeps all night. I feel hes not getting enough to eat. Like I said, hes as happy as can be so I wonder if I should just deal with the reflux? The Prevacid takes away the pain so hes not hurting with it. Im just exhausted cleaning this up constantly and spending a ton on baby stain remover.
Oh and he gets 3 teaspoons of rice cereal to every 5 oz bottle.

Try stretching out the feeds longer so he'll eat more ounces. Babies will let you know when they're hungry. As long as he is gaining weight and has plenty of wet diapers, he should be good.

I remember my LO regressing feeding for like 2 weeks and would only consume like 15oz a day. It worried me but then she feeding normally.

We used Gentlease, but now use Parent's Choice Gentle Formula (same ingredients as Gentlease but half the price!).

Similac Sensitive worked well for her too (we tried many as I ordered a lot of samples before she was born).
We also gave her OVOL drops as well, and that helped with her gas tremendously.

Hope you found something that works!

We used Enfamil AR for ours. It was a lifesaver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->