**PICS ADDED**Zachary - arrived 30th May 2009 - 13 days overdue

kmh2009

Reaction score
At 7:30pm on 29th May, i went into the hospital to be induced (12 days overdue). It took a few hours of waiting around before they could begin the induction as the ward had been fairly hectic during the day.

whilst waiting for the midwives me and OH were sat talking, I started having pains which took my breath away and told my OH that i think i had trapped wind!!! (wish i had realised i was in labour!!!)

11pm came and the midwife started the induction using the gel on my cervix. i was effacing nicely but cervix was less than 1cm dilated.
OH was sent home (still thought i had trapped wind at this point) and i was told it would be at least 6 hrs before anything started and that i would probably need 2-3 gel applications as my cervix was so closed.

by 1am i was contracting 3 times in every 10 mins and called for pain relief. (I now realised these were contractions). Got told it was probably just pains from the gel and not contractions as it was too soon so just given co-codamol and had a bath ran.

contractions persisted and increased to 4 in every 10 minutes. Got told to rest and given pethadine to try and help me sleep but with contractions that frequent there was no way i could sleep. By 8am i was crying with pain and after doing an internal i was fully effaced, 3cm dilated and officially in labour - was sent to delivery suite at this point. OH was called and was quite shocked when he was informed i was on delivery suite.

Walking over to the delivery suite i was given gas and air and had to stop 5-6 times with contractions.

at 10am i was sent to the toilet to try and have a wee as my bladder was apparently full and this was preventing the baby moving down the birth canal. At this stage i was very high on gas and air and pethadine and sooooo tired that i was really quite out of it. After coming back from a very long toilet trip i was examined and i was 8cm dilated and told my waters had gone - my response was - i had a very funny wee. (didnt even realise it was my waters breaking)

For the next hour i was made to stand up as the babys heart rate was dropping every time i led down. this was so hard to do when in so much pain and i had my OH rocking me back and forth to keep me moving.

By 11am i wasn't coping with the pain so had more pethadine and moved onto the bed. Baby wasn't progressing down the birth canal on my back so i had to go on my knees with my head slumped over the top of the bed. Within minutes i HAD to push (althought told i was still only 8cm - it wouldnt hurt to push) After 2 hours of pushing, crying, saying i cant do it, talking almost constantly about how i didnt want to poo myself (DOH!!) baby started making an appearance.Although i did sleep between each push) On his way out he had to have the cord unwound from his neck it had been wrapped around twice. At 13:08 my baby boy arrived on the bed with eyes wide open, bright blue and not breathing.

He was taken away and within 30 seconds i could hear him crying :cloud9:

I was in shock, scared and exhausted but a tiny 5lb 13oz baby was handed to me and instantly i was in love.

i had a 2nd degree tear with internal and external stitches and we had a one week stay in hospital as zachary suffered respiratory problems a few hours after birth. I was terrified of losing him but my little man pulled through and on June 5th i brought him home. Ready to start our lives as a family.

I went through 4 days after the birth, vowing never to have another baby. Day 5 - i will have another one some time
Day 8 - i cant wait to have another :)

I'm so glad by baby boy is here and is doing good. still on :cloud9:

congrats hun.

by the way you have chosen a really beautiful name! if i have a 2nd son he is getting called Zachary. also, my first son was a tiny baby too, weighed just 5ibs 3ozs. hes like a tank now lol.

congrats again and thanks for sharing your story.

X

Welcome baby Zachary!!!!!
Congrats again darling :hugs: :wohoo:

xxxxx

Congratulations, fellow May 17th lady! :lol:

Welcome to little Zachary :) Lovely name!

awww he is gorgeous!! Congratulations :) xx

Check him out with his big strong neck! Quality he's fab!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"