pictures picture pictures argggghhhhhhhh

loobylou29

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this part of baby n bump ( didnt know this bit was here lol) anyways I have 3 LOs and 1 cooking :baby: they are madison 10, Bailey 6 and Logan 7mths and my question isssssss what do you all do with the 300000 millions pictures your lil lovelies make you? I figure im gettin at least 3 a day, sometimes 10 (mostly all bailey at the min) but at end of term etc I get millions of them, some great some errrrr not so wonderful lol like a squiggle on a full piece of A3. So far I have been keeping them a day or 2 till they have forgotten them and then quietly binning them, except the ones that make it too the fridge, they stay for ages before the errrr safe place (bin). I feel awful chucking them but what else can I do with them? anyone got any useful ideas as im a bit tired of feeling mean when a rogue pic is spotted :blush: but with 3/4 kids im soon gonna be living in a stack of stick people, flowers, butterflys and love hearts :kiss: So any advice plzzzzz xoxoxoxox

i stick them on the back of the cupboard and pantry doors :) we have big walk in store cupboards too so im gunna stick um on th ewalls in there when i run out of room it needs decorating and i cba so i though great way to do if you stick the piccie sedge to edge you wont see the maky wall underneath lol :)

Some get stuck on the kitchen cupboards and some get given to various family members lol. Then others that we definitely want to keep get put in their keepsake boxes.

sprap book?
you can cut around the bit of the paper they have painted on to make them smaller :flower:

We have an "art box". It's just a recycled cardboard box and any pictures that my daughter really likes and wants to keep we put in there. That way when she's older we can pull it out and look at all the things she's made. Not everything ends up in there but the pictures/projects with a story behind them or ones that she's really proud of end up there. It's nearly full already actually, lol. So we're going to have to start on art box #2 in a few months I predict.

A couple ideas... maybe get a keep sake box for each child, something you can easily store- and let them know you keep them (maybe not EVERY single one- as they can certainly add up)-- but the more "important" ones can be kept and given back to them later on as adults for fun to look at. Another idea is create a book you can keep the more important ones in for each child- then you can occassionally look at them together... if that's something they'd want to do?

Just my two cents... I'm sure you'll figure it out :)

I recycle 99.9% of them...to be honest, some of them are so, um...lame...I am not sure why they are even sent home!! Yeah, I chuck most...I keep maybe one or two each for the year.

I keep some and recycle others..........unless i want my whole loft filled with my girls art work its impossible to keep every single piece........... i dont have any art work kept from my childhood and if my mum one day handed me boxes and boxes of all my drawings i dont think i would appreciate it LOL .......... i think what i may do is keep a few from each year and keep a scrap book and thats it x

ooooooooo although i DO think its very important to display the girls art work around the house so i have pieces in their bedrooms and on the fridge and notice board etc and i just change them with new pieces every now and then x

Could you take photos and keep a digital album, then when they are older you can give them all there pictures on usb, cd whatever it is then. Or could you make a special deal of scanning it so you can email to people and keep a digital copy that way.

The ones he likes best, he gets to choose a spot in his room to put it. Some of them we use around the house.... we'll wrap them around coffee cans and use them to store things like toys, crayons, puzzle pieces, and give the can a label. Put it on a bookshelf and voila! Coffee can organization system.

Yes, that much coffee really is consumed in my household.

awwwww so many brill ideas thanks every1, looks like this weekend is going to be spent making keepsake boxes then maybe might decorate them with the pics :) thank you, love this site you all always have the best ideas xxxxxxx

How about putting the best ones into plastic sleeves or laminating them & putting them in to folders x Easier to store x

I must admit I keep very few of them :) lol, bad mother! I have a few on the kitchen cupboard and a few on the pin board that get changed from time to time but apart from that everything gets binned. Especially at the end of term :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->