Pierced nose is the bane of my life

A

AppleBlossom

I got my nose pierced in June. The guy said the stud would be ok to change after four weeks. At six weeks I (foolishly) changed it. That part of my nose is always red now. I changed the thick stud to a thinner one and obviously it hadn't healed properly at all meaning I'm left with a minute hole. So small in fact that I can't get this stud out. I've tried everything, soaking it, doing it after a hot shower... It won't budge. I want to take it out to swap it for one with a smaller gem on. I was considering taking it out, letting it heal over for a couple of months and going to get it done again but leave the thicker stud in for longer. It still hurts if i twist it too. I haven't got time to go back to the piercing place to ask them to try and get it out so it looks like I'm stuck with an ugly stud in my nose that is now constantly red on one side.

Anyone else had problems with nose piercings or any other piercings?

My friend yrs ago had one done,hers got infected!
She had the wrong sort of stud in, think she had the butterfly clasp at the back which is near on impossible to get out. Her nose went huge and red and ended up at A&E to get it cut out. All I remember was the hot male nurse trying to get this stud out and when he pulled the back out of her crusty nostril a big trail of snot came with it!!

So funny!!!!!! I guess I've not made you feel better . Sorry!:blush:

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, but it turned out to be an allergic reaction to the nickel in the stud. I had to endure the pain of taking it out and swapping it for a plastic one but its ok now and healed fine :)

Ouch... I've never had that but it sounds annoying!

This has just reminded me I need to go to the piercing shop, I want to get 2 of my ear cartilage ones redone :D

Yep my nose piercing was an absolute nightmare, pretty much same happened and it got infected. Go and get it out asap x

if its infected dont take it out & let it heal, fix the infection first. Xx

if u have tried everything, then i would just let it heal tbh :) wait a little while and then get it redone! and leave it alone for ages ! noses are fussy little piercings !

Also have you been cleaning it with salt water ? that should of worked, also not sleeping on it :p x

at one point i had two nose piercings :haha: they were the bane of my life too.

i've had my nose done about 5 times as it kept falling out.
when you say it's stuck do you mean stuck in your nose? have you tried fidding around with it on the inside?

might be stuck with bogies. :rofl:

at one point i had two nose piercings :haha: they were the bane of my life too.

i've had my nose done about 5 times as it kept falling out.
when you say it's stuck do you mean stuck in your nose? have you tried fidding around with it on the inside?

might be stuck with bogies. :rofl:

:haha:happens 2 mine sometimes :blush:

I've truer pushing it from the inside too, it comes out a little bit but then won't budge. It's not infected, there's no pus or crusty bits, it's just red on that part of my nose. So annoying, especially since it's on my face and I can't hide it lol

That sounds really painful!

I've no experience sorry, but could you not ring the place and ask for their advice on how to handle it?

hmm i know you probably won't want to. but you may have to bite the bullet and pull it out.
is it really sore when you move it? is there a lump or anything on the inside of your nose?

It literally won't come out at all. I've tried yanking it and everything. A few times I've knocked it in my sleep and pulled it halfway out. I did it the other night so I got up and tried taking it all the way out but it wouldn't go more than halfway :/ there's no lumo and it's not swollen. It just kind of feels like the hole is too small to move the stud in iykwim?

sounds nasty. :(
i had this trouble with my tongue bar once, couldn't get the ball off :haha:

OUCH! i had a similar problem with my lip ring once (back when i had one lmao) and i had to go back into the tattoo shop :)

it sounds as if your nose has healed around the bar :sick:
Id go back and get them to remove it tbh, either that or ice your nose and pull it with pliers or something. it has to come out or it'll get infected :nope: x

I've got my nose pierced but it healed fine and I changed it after 2 weeks.

You really should go back to the piercer and see what they recommend. They might be able to take it out for you and swap it for a different metal if it's the metal you've had a reaction to :)

If it's healed around the bar they should numb the area and take it out for you.

sometimes it is easier having other people take things out for you.
i think when you try it yourself you're too aware of the pain :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->