Pill or pregnancy symptoms???

sophiafoxhill

Reaction score
I was taking Microgynon and finished the pack. I was quite busy, therefore getting more pills completely slipped my mind.

I got a withdrawal bleed 3 days later, as usual. It was a regular period and then tapered off to light, then spotting. I had sex the day my period finished and the following 2 days after. We used the withdrawal method.

I then, for some reason, got my period again which also lasted 3 days but was very, very light (I heard a withdrawal bleed is not a 'real' period, therefore I think maybe this was my real period and was light as I'd already bled from the withdrawal?). The following few days we had sex around 3 or 4 times. Again, we used withdrawal.

I then started on Cerazette (mini pill) a few days later, having sex a few times during the week in which you are not protected, but again, used the withdrawal method.

As you can see, we used the withdrawal method a lot, as advised by the Planned Parenthood website that it is up to 96% effective but have since had heartburn a lot (I never get heart burn), a funny taste in my mouth which I believe is giving me bad breath, stomach cramps like I'm going to get my period but no bleeding (counting the withdrawal bleed as my lmp, I should be due again any day but unsure of how long my cycle is). My breasts have also grown a little (even my partner has noticed), my nipples are sore, especially to the touch and I've had bad backache and have cried a few times for no reason (I never cry).

I can't determine whether this is pregnancy or just a reaction from starting a new pill. I'll take a pregnancy test in a few days if I don't get my period, but has anyone experienced anything similar? Any idea what's going on?

Just for the record, I'm in a healthy relationship and I'm not a child, so please no "you should use protection bla blabla". We would be perfectly happy being pregnant :)

Also, for a few days I had an extremely high temp, which I never notice, even during ovulation- it was mostly at night. It's likely I ovulated around the 4th, and had been having stomach cramping for a few times. If this is true, I worked out we had sex a lot during my fertile days. No stomach pains atm, or discharge (I'm actually rather dry down there- sorry if tmi lol) but backache is constant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->