Pill question

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
Ive been on the combined pill (cilest) for about 18 months. Ever since I have been on it my 'period' comes before the pack says it should. It comes when I have like 2/3 pills left in my pack usually. Ive never questioned that it cant be right before because the pill HAS been working for me, but surely the 'period' should only come when I stop taking the pills!? Now this month is even weirder. My 'period' has come when I have a whole week left on my pack of pills, and I dont know what to do or what it means since when I stop taking my pills now I will not be having my 'period' when I am on my pill free week :dohh:

I cant find anything about it on the net so I thought Id try here next :)

ANY advice or opinions welcome!

x

I was on Cilest, never had any early periods, they always came three or four days after I finished my packet. That sounds really odd, I think you should speak to your doctor? If it hasn't been a problem then you might be OK, but sounds abit dodgy to me, not havin period in pill free week. i dont think it is dangerous, but could mess up your cycle kinda thing, i mean the pill might not be effective at some point. I really dont know!
x x x

Ive been reading a lot about cilest recently as I am having serious pmt problems and apparently this is quite common - a lot of woman have issues with it! I would be seeing your doc as you should only bleed during the break and bleeding before could be indicative of something going on that needs checked out xxx

Dont think this is supposed to happen, go see your gp hun

Thanks for the replies! I thought it was a bit weird but with the pill still working I thought I should just leave it alone? :/ i dunno

Ill have to make a docs appointment

Hmmm, that is rather strange hun. I was also on cilest for many years and always had periods 2 or 3 days into the pill free week after taking the last pill of the pack.

As the others said i would see GP about it as your suppose to have your period once youve stopped taking the pills.

Although I'm not on Cliest (I'm on Ovranette) occasionally my AF will come mid-pack, and very occasionally I won't have a withdrawal bleed when I stop taking it - I don't think it's too much to worry about if it only happens a couple of times but if its happening every month then i would check with your gp - must be a right hassle! xx

I've never used Cilest, but I often got my period early while on birth control. Both Nuvaring and Ortho Tri Lo and it was perfectly normal.
It would start anytime from 2-3 days of pills left and finish off during my off week. Every so often it would start 2-3 days into my off week. I never had it earlier than the last couple days of pills though.

It usually is the last 2-3 days, which seems to be ok.

This time though...I dunno... I have 7 days left and I came on this morning. Now I feel REALLY crappy though. Like I have flu :S and my period seems to be stopping? I've got no idea, all I can say is im glad work was dead and I got to go home early, I was feeling sick from the smell of the chips haha

I have the day off tomorrow so im gonna see how I am in the morning and if I still feel rubbish Ill go to the docs, theyre pretty good at same day appointments
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->