PiloCyticAstrocytoma (jst read and you will see what it is)

~*~*Cat*~*~

Reaction score
Back in July 2000 (18th) I had celebrated my 21st in any way a 21 year old would, so needless to say alchohol and clubs and a 21st party and it was one of the best times of my life, it was around the 23rd July everything changed for me and here is my story ....

I will keep it short as poss, and leave you to ask questions.

On July 23rd I started to become ill, and suffering from minor headaches which progressed to be stronger and more violent as the days went over, I took endless amounts of Paracetamol and to no relief my headaches got worse and nothing would help acceot darkness and sleep.

On July 26th I Visited my GP and was infomred it was an infection in my Sinus and to take co-codamol and go home, so alas this is what I did and a weel later still nothing but this time bad headaches no eating and constant sleeping, as each say passed I deterioated more and slept mre only to wake for the loo etc ...

It wasnt untill Aug 9th when I couldnt even dress myself, sit up or even walk that I was back at the doctors and rcushe dof to Watford General where I slept but durting that time had a CatScan, and my bloods taken, amnd a Drip inserted (none of which I can recall as I was lifeless)

It was here they discoverd I had a blokage on my brain and rushed me straight thru to Hammersmith Charing Cross Hoispital in London.

On Aug 16th after my first week in Hospital still hooke dup to the drip, I was scheduled my first Operation, this was to either insert a channel or a shunt, to help the blood flow round the brain, on doing this they discovered I had a lump, which would need further examination so a Biopsi was booked in for the following week.

On Aug 24th I underwent my Microsurgey (biopsi) where they discpovered I had a Cyst, (tumour) which they have named Pilocyticastrovyoma) this TUmour is locate don the nerve and is unable to ever be removed but only kept under a yearly survaliance.

THe following Years 2001 2002 2003 the tumour had stayed the same and had not altered in size, nor had it caused anymore symptons, and on my 2003 apointment back on Oct 28th I asked teh big question "Can I have kids" luckily for me I was allowed as that night I got my BFP with DD.

Also at this appoinment we asked "what would of happend had I not gone to the hospital back then" and basically he said I would of been dead, as I was in a coma on and off. ( I didnt know this and he was very blunt )

Then Last year Oct 28th 2005 I was discharged permentaly I over come all the bad in my life, and have only got to return should I suffer any of the symntons again.

So theres my story, Im still me, just I have a Brain Tumour, but even though I have this I feel as normal as I should and Ive learned to live life with every bit of passion possible, and to forgive those who hurt me in the past, cause life is to short.

So Today is my most memroable day ....

28th Oct 2003 - BFP with DD1
28th OCt 2005 - Discharged from hospital routine checks.

I'm finding it difficult to find the right words here but I think you are very brave & courageous. It must have been a very tough few years for you & my heart goes out to you, i'm so glad for you that you have been in the clear for a year now, what a relief. :hugs:

wow! im not sure wot to say!!! but ur mighty brave!!

Im not sure what to say either, heres some hugs instead :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->