Pinatas?

T

Toms Mummy

Has anyone ever used one? or even better ever made one?

I'm halfway through making 2 right now for my son's 4th birthday but I have been using PVA glue. I'm a bit worried that they are going to be too strong for the 4 years olds to break? I am considering doing a ribbon pull pinata.... has anyone used or made one of these?

Also, has anyone used one with children? Did it work? Did they enjoy it?

I haven't made one since I was a kid but I watched my BIL making one for my neices birthday last week. He said he made one the year before which had a few layers and was too tough for the kids to break. I think he did two layers of paper? Anyway it worked out this year!

My neice is 9, so they're much stronger kids too. I'd make it as thin as is possible if I were you :)

Thanks Mini!.... I have made one with 3 layers and one with 2, so hoping they'll both be okay :).... I've made them with pva glue and water though. Most sites on google say use flour but they don't say whether that is better or not, or just because it's easier to find!... I hope the PVA isn't too strong!

if youve mixed the pva with water it should be ok.. i assume you used newspaper or tissue paper, this is easier to break.

xx

Yeah, used newspaper, and mixed the pva with water :)..... I have just checked on it this morning and it's looking good! Still a bit wet at the bottom from the way I was hanging it, so need to wait a bit longer!

Thank you x

I haven't made one however we bought one from ebay for my sons birthday...and the kids loved it!!!! It was the one where you need a stick to beat it...I was surprised how strong they actually are but it made the game more fun!! I know my friend used the ribbon pull one...she said the children enjoyed it as much! xx

Thanks Lady :).... I think I'll make one of each seeing as I now have to good structures which seemed to have kept their shape :)

Party's not until next weekend so will keep you posted on how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->