pityriasis rosea :(

Jenna092

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I was just wondering if anyone has had this before?

Its driving me so crazy that I'm even dreaming about being covered in this rash :(
A few weeks ago it started so i went 2 the doc and he said it was a fungal thing n gave me cream... well when the cream wasn't working n the rash started spreading i got worried n saw another doc who told me its pityriasis rosea and there is no cure :( i just gotta watch it spread all over my body! Doctors don't even know why it happens or anything!

I feel so ugly :( i am so glad its winter so I'm always covered!

Even thou they say i can't do anything about it ill try anything if anyone has a suggestion?

Sorry for the rant i just want it gone so bad :(

Hi yes I had this a couple of years ago, during the summer too which was awful.

It's so frustrating to have such a nasty looking rash when the doctors can't give you any answers as to what caused it or give you anything to clear it up.

On the positive side after about 8 weeks mine cleared up as mysteriously as it started.

Don't have any advice but wanted to say I know how you feel x

Aw thank you 4 the reply :)

The "herald patch" is starting 2 go away now?? Which is confusing me cause its still spreading but im hoping its just a very mild case n will go away very soon.

I had this a couple of years ago and its not nice, i was so itchy but it lasted about 6 weeks and then vanished as fast as it started

Hi there,
I know there are forums that talk about pregnancy and pityriasis rosacea and many peopel seem to want to know how it seems to affect the fetus/newborn. I'm simply sharing my story.

I received my herald patch about two weeks before conception and the miscarried at ten weeks. It is obviously hard to say if it was the rash, but I'm just putting it out there for those who want to know.

Best of luck and take care of yourself :)

My husband had this a few months or so ago, docs just said, oh it'll go away in due course (which it didn't), so he started taking Piriton every day, and switched to a soap free body wash, and I moisturised him every night (he had it all over his arms, back and chest) This seemed to help clear it up in a matter of weeks. He is now able to use normal body wash, and just has tiny flare up patches every now and again

My LO had this just the other week, it scared the hell out of me! Unfortunately, there's not much to do, just keep it hydrated. Hope it clears up soon!

I had a terrible case of this before I became pregnant, I went to the doctor and he suggested using Head and Shoulders as a 'body wash' as well as a tanning bed for 3-4min every couple of days. The vitamin D seems to be the solution to the itchiness, plus you can get a bangin' tan :)

Other than that, moisturize with a light lotion and try to stay sane :) It will eventually disappear :)

I know this post is a bit old, but how did everyone get on?! I've just got it, and its literally the most annoying thing ever! :-( advice would be lovely xxx

I suffer from a similar condition called pityriasis versicolor, which is similar looking but its caused by a yeast infection and can be treated. I don't think pityriasis rosea is a yeast problem, they're not sure what causes it. I've had creams and a couple of different types of tablets from the gp but nothing seems to be working :-( It looks worse when I have a tan because the patches don't tan and I end up with white patches all over my skin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->