Placenta previa & amnionic sheet

bubblybaby

Reaction score
I had my anatomy scan a couple of days ago (21+1 weeks with our little rainbow girl) and the good news is that babygirl is doing great! Very lively and hyper. Cute as a button 😊.

But they did find out some abnormalities with my uterus.
🔸Firstly: placenta previa. Meaning that my placenta is partially blocking the way out. If this doesn't change and my placenta doesn't stretch up I will end up getting a c-section. Extra ultrasound at 32 weeks.
🔸Secondly: apparently I have what appears to be an amnionic sheet (not band). It's not in the way for our little girl to move freely, and the ultrasound technician wasn't concerned at all, but I will have an extra check-up next Thursday so they can have a better look. It's below my baby, she doesn't seem bothered at all by it.

But I was just wondering if any of you has ever experienced either of the two and how it affected your pregnancy and/or birth. I'm especially hoping for some positive stories 😊😙.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

(I've also posted this thread somewhere else, but in the wrong section... this seems to be where it belongs, hehe :) )

Congrats on your little girl! How exciting :flower:

When I had my anatomy u/s at 17w they found I had a partial placenta previa. They put me on pelvic rest: no heavy lifting, no sex, and cautious exercise. I had a follow up six weeks later, and by 23w, the placenta moved where it needed to go and all was good! It freaked me out at first, but they say 90% of PP move before birth. Just be mindful of your body, and if you have spotting or a bleed, call your OB. Hang in there and try not to stress too much (I know, easier said then done) :thumbup:

Thank you for your reply! :)

I live in The Netherlands and was very surprised that when I asked if I needed to take it easy, the ultrasound technician said "no". I have a 2-year-old and I'm a stay-at-home-mama.
I have a normal appointment with my regular midwife tomorrow and then next Thursday I'm seeing a gynaecologist, so I'm going to ask (both of them) again. Haven't had any bleeding so far, so that's nice :). I'll be 22 weeks on Tuesday.

Must say I'm more concerned with the amnionic sheet, because it seems to be quite rare :wacko: :shy:

Thank you for your reply! :)

I live in The Netherlands and was very surprised that when I asked if I needed to take it easy, the ultrasound technician said "no". I have a 2-year-old and I'm a stay-at-home-mama.
I have a normal appointment with my regular midwife tomorrow and then next Thursday I'm seeing a gynaecologist, so I'm going to ask (both of them) again. Haven't had any bleeding so far, so that's nice :). I'll be 22 weeks on Tuesday.

Must say I'm more concerned with the amnionic sheet, because it seems to be quite rare :wacko: :shy:

Yeah, you just have to do what's best for you! Like you, I am a stay at home mom to a 4 year old and she still needs help in and out of her car seat, so it is impossible for me not to lift "heavy" things. I also still taught a spin class while going through PP, so it's all in your comfort level. I, also, had no previous bleeds or spotting, so I felt comfortable doing those things. It's great you'll have a chance to chat with your doctors some more about it. Best advice I received was to not Google placenta previa, it's far more common than women know, but the stories you'll read will be of more extreme cases, so better not to stress yourself 😉

I hope someone else can help you with advice on the amniotic sheet! If no one on here, than at least your doctors can provide you some more insight.

Best of luck :flower:

So I saw my midwife today. Baby girl is doing great and my uterus is already quite high :) so these were nice things to hear.

But I also got my files to take with me on Thursday at my gynaecologist appointment, so I got to read exactly what they know at the moment.

I have placenta previa, and my placenta is partially on the front side of my belly, partially on the right side. I have an amnionic sheet on the right-lower side of my placenta and it seems to be covered with veins. The umbilical chord however isn't low, but on a "good" part of the placenta (which is nice to read).

Now we wait :) we'll know more on Thursday!

If anyone else has experience with one of either of these conditions then I would love to hear about it :kiss:

I had placenta Previa diagnosed last pregnancy. Between one scan to the next (can't remember how long it was but not very) the placenta shifted and moved and all was good. My Dr said that most placenta previas fix themselves over time and tons of women get diagnosed, so it's very common.

I had placenta Previa diagnosed last pregnancy. Between one scan to the next (can't remember how long it was but not very) the placenta shifted and moved and all was good. My Dr said that most placenta previas fix themselves over time and tons of women get diagnosed, so it's very common.

Glad it all worked out for you :kiss: !
I also think the placenta previa will sort itself out. Let's just hope that the shifting/stretching of the placenta won't tear the amnionic sheet or something though (I have no idea what the risks are yet :shy: haha).

I was diagnosed a little over a week ago with complete placenta previa. The midwife told me that they usually resolve themselves by 28-30 weeks. If mine doesn't resolve, then we will have a scheduled c-section, and she will work with me to make sure that we still get the things that are important to us (immediate skin-to-skin, delayed clamping). If I can't do immediate skin-to-skin, then my husband will be.

I'm on pelvic rest until I go for my 20 week scan (I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, so we have awhile yet). I gotta say, it's driving me nuts! My husband and I just got married in April, I got my BFP at the end of May, and I've been on pelvic rest since the middle of June (originally for two subchorionic hemmorages, which have resolved as of the last ultrasound)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->