Placenta Previa at 20 weeks

Jami888

Reaction score
so I had my 20 week scan a couple weeks ago and they told me I had placenta previa. I had no idea what it was. went from the sono to the dr where he told me not to worry. so I didn't until recently. I got on dr google....bad idea i know. i have had two other children all completely natural. no issues. well what i read is saying if its complete previa you have to have a C-section. if its partial or low lying it could still move up but could still result in a C-section. i did not know enough to ask how bad mine was. i go back nxt Thursday for my 24 week appointment and they are doing another sono because im on lovenox and they wanna check growth of baby. but now im very nervous to find out how severe my placenta previa is. i would be absolutely devastated to have a C-section. i want to do this one all natural just like my other 2. has anyone had a similar experience and it moved? Or it didn't and you had a C-section? if you did have a C-section, was is scheduled or when was it scheduled like how many weeks, how was the recovery and so forth?

I had this at my 20 week scan with my dd. I was told that 90% move on their own and cause no problem. I was scanned again at 36 weeks and it had moved away without issue. They said it's very common at 20 weeks.

Well that's very good to hear....Hopefully I'm fortunate enough to have the same thing happen.

I was told I had a low lying placenta at my 20wk scan too so they booked me to go back at 36wks to check if it's adjusted or not. From what I've read online they would opt to do a section after 37 wks.

Like you I've had 2 no fuss pregnancies and deliveries so really hope that this time round will be pretty much the same. Fingers crossed for us and anyone else in the same boat!!

Yes fingers crossed for us. I'm not sure if I'm more afraid of the surgery of a c section or just the overall disappointment of not being able to be strong and do the natural birth. I had my daughter with no epidural or anything and it was wonderful. I'm planning God willing to do the same this time. My baby is also transverse. I can feel her lating across my belly and I read that's a sign of low placenta as well. Everyday i hope to feel her kick down instead of side to side.

I was told I had placenta previa at 20 weeks, I'm already seeing a MFM so they are monitoring it every 4 weeks. It still hadn't moved at my 24 week appointment. My regular OB told me to try to get the MFM to send an authorization letter over to the OB so that I can go ahead and schedule my c section for 36-37 weeks, that way I have more options for which Dr and which day I want. We can always cancel it, but the control freak in me likes to have a plan. Also has anyone told you about pelvic rest? My MFM and OB have both told me pelvic rest until it has moved. I certainly do not want a c section, I have too many things I wanted to do with my baby after he is born that a c section will get in the way of, but in the end if that's what makes him healthy and me healthy I'll do anything

Most low lying placentas or mild placenta previa move. Complete placenta previa can move but it is not as likely to. All 3 of mine have been low lying at about 13 weeks. My 1st was still fairly low until close to the birth but out of the way enough to have a natural birth. This time it was actually high up by 27 weeks.

My dr did not tell me to be on pelvic rest. He seemed not concerned at all actually. I just wish I would've known enough to ask was it complete, partial, or low lying. That's another thing that worries me though....if they so suggest c section it's usually 36 or 37 weeks. That's a whole month sooner!!! Guess I should be prepared just incase baby stuff wise.

With DD1, i had a placenta previa... it moved and everything was fine. I had a c-sect ( unrelated to that) because i couldnt progress ( i had a poopy dr at the time).

Bleeding without pain is common among placenta previa, and penetration and orgasm can cause bleeding.

For the first 14 weeks I suffered from 2 SCH. It was awful I had many bleeding episodes. So if the previa causes bleeding that's not something I wanna go through again.

That sounds awful, I'm not trying to scare you. Just passing along with I was told by the MFM. Fx it moves for both of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->