PLanning for a homebirth(HBAC)... and deciding on the day?

fuschia

Reaction score
Well -my shortned story is I am 33 weeks with my second baby and I am planning a VBAC.

I am hiring a doula.

I am doing hypno birthing and yoga... and reading positive stoies etc... I am preparing!

I am waiting toget an appointment with a consultant midwife after requesting to speak to someone else as I am not happy with the way my birth will be with consultant care.

I feel that if I want to have a home birth I really need to go to this meeting with a strong mind and tell her this. If I admit that I am not 100% sure- they will just talk me round!

But what if I planned a homebirth .... then when in labour I just didnt feel like I wasin the right place.... I would just go to hospital right?

That sounds much better than not planning a homebirth then totally regetting it because all I wnt to do on the day is stay in my safe place ( home) but have to go to hospital and risk stalling/stopping my labour and incrasing risk of intervention?

Any opinions/advice would be very welcome!

My Midwife told me if I wasn't comfortable at the time of labor and decided I wanted to go to hospital, etc. I most definitely could be transferred. 😊 If a home birth is what you really want and you feel it's the best option, go for it!

Hey thanks ! Are you planning a homebirth then?

I know I have a right to a homebith if that's what I choose but as I'm 'high risk' after previous section I will have to fight my corner a bit ! Bit nervous about it !

I just want the chance to have a natural birth... And I do believe that the best chance of this happening is at home with great support !

Hey thanks ! Are you planning a homebirth then?

I know I have a right to a homebith if that's what I choose but as I'm 'high risk' after previous section I will have to fight my corner a bit ! Bit nervous about it !

I just want the chance to have a natural birth... And I do believe that the best chance of this happening is at home with great support !

Yes. I am seeing a Midwife this time and we have planned my home birth together. :) I had a natural VBAC in the hospital the last time, and this time will be going for a HBAC. I like as little interventions as possible, and the hospital is just not my ideal place. As natural as my birth was, there was still a lot of things I didn't like and didn't prefer to happen, so a home birth it is! :D

Yep, you can do exactly that. You can also decide on the day that you want a home birth and still call them and ask them to come out to you, even if you hadn't planned to birth at home until that moment. But for logistical reasons, like simply them having good directions to your house or having talked with you about the kind of birth you want in advance, I would plan to birth at home and having a good talk with them about your wishes (they'll do this around 36 weeks), but still listen to your intuition on the day. If it doesn't feel right, do what will feel right. But it sounds like you're preparing really well and my guess is that more than likely you'll feel perfectly comfortable at home. I had my first at home 2 years ago and had no idea what to expect (if your only other birth was a c-section, you may feel equally clueless about what to expect in a vaginal birth). But there was never a time I lost confidence or felt like home wasn't the best place to be and it was a wonderful experience. More than likely, as you have planned for it, it will all go swimmingly and feel right on the day. But yes, you always have the option just to take yourself in to hospital if you want, even if the midwives have already come out to you.

Mindutopia thank you for your reply its really reassuring and encouraging :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->