plastic baby bottles vs glass baby bottles

angelgirl2015

Reaction score
ok just wondering but which is healthier and more efficient . I hear certain bottles are better and I also hear certain plastic bottles produce certain chemicals. so any opinions and past experiences ?

I didn't even know glass baby bottles existed... I'd be scared that they would smash and stuffs.

Plastic is a chemical. Some of those chemicals change our hormones and cause problems for us. They might not be problems we can see right away, and they don't cause noticeable effects in most people. I use glass for my kids and try to avoid plastics in general. Check out some natural parenting websites if you'd like to use plastic but want to know which are the safest.

thanks :) i was just wondering because i think glass would be better than plastic but theres down sides to both

I've never heard of glass bottles, tbh with DS he only ever got 3 bottles of milk. Are they made of a safety type glass or normal glass?

When pregnant with dd I questioned this too... I just felt better with glass, especially since we don't use plastic in our house.. all of our food storage containers are glass, all my drinking bottles are glass ... in the end I settled with glass and SOOOOOOOOO glad I did.. I love love love them!!! I've even dropped one on the tile before but it was perfectly fine!!! I am very careful generally and never gave one to dd for herself to hold.. I was going to get some silicon sleeves for them but didn't need to!!! I can even safely run them through the dishwasher and not feel bad about the chemicals being heated up in there.. I did buy some awesome glass zippy cups with super thick silicone sleeves and those are awesome!!!

https://www.babygearlab.com/Baby-Bottle-Reviews
Pura Kikki has some cool metal bottles. Glass breaks & is heavy. The metal pura kikki's can rotate from slow feed nipple, to sucky cup lid, flat silicone snack top, to lid with straw for big kids. Makes your investment stretch and they are a little more expensive but to avoid plastic and breakable glass (I'll be the one dropping them never mind an infant who thinks it's fun to toss things from high chair to floor):haha:

Edit:I think plastic is fine just keep them out of the sun. I think about the flexible plastic bags that were stretched over the plastic bottles when I grew up (the more flexible the more likely the molecular chains will break down into your food), and we all survived. Glass would be fine too - you'll just have really strong wee ones! I just loved the Pura Kiki design that lasts till they're big kids.

I used glass bottles only. I don't trust plastic and switched over everything to glass a couple years ago. It is heavy, but not uncomfortably so. They're super sturdy! And I don't have to buy new bottles for baby #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->