Plastic crap!

we favour role playing stuff (happyland, doctors kit, dress up clothes, babies, tea sets etc) and puzzles like jigsaws and shopping list game, magnets, fuzzifelt, lego/megablocks etc.

I agree with the Peppa Pig comment. We bought loads and I find the quality is awful and really flimsy. Disappointing

Often franchise toys aren't very good. I plan not to buy too many franchise themed toys in any case(and I didnt do so for my nephews either and I don't think they have any franchise themed ones yet either)

I'm glad so many agree with me! Can anyone tell me what crayons/arty things are suitable for around 14 months?

My nephew got these Stabilo woody ones , they are very big so easy to grip. They are some mix between wax and pencils so they are really easy to use .
https://www.stabilo.com/pages-uk/products/woody-3-in-1.php

I only buy crayola. Argos do really good value sets :)

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9039821/Trail/searchtext>CRAYOLA.htm

Thanks! I suspect she will just eat them to start with! I always had crayola. Play dough and poster paint were barred in my house :cry:

My partner always calls it plastic crap too.

We hate it too! we're always flooded with the stuff, I'm making sure I put my foot down this year for his birthday and Christmas.

have you tried home made play dough? it's not a problem if they eat it :flower:

Stabilo is a German brand, they are good so nothing to be afraid of ;)

I work at argos and some of the childrens toys I see being sold make me ask, just why? Every single childs toy nowadays seems to be sold on the basis of "you must collect these", no wonder they're bad quality, they're just churning out as many as they can :s I think the only decent toys we still sell are the Sylvanian Families, they are susceptible to wear and tear, but they actually have some play value :o

I refuse point blank of pay for sylvanian families. Theyre just as bad for 'collections' and its horrendously expensive for what you get.

I agree Mandy.looked at some for lyss and I was floored at the expense x

I normally stick to the same brands, like Fisher Price. The rest of the stuff i have breaks or gets chucked as its not worth keeping

I'm a savvy shopper to be honest, i always ask myself if it will last and if not, i don't bother, i dont mind shelling out if its going to be decent and hardwearing.

I agree, a lot of toys are complete crap! 2nd hand is great because if it's survived one kid, it's likely to be hard wearing :p

we just brought mine some gliders for 50p and they love them so brought huge box on ebay lol

I refuse point blank of pay for sylvanian families. Theyre just as bad for 'collections' and its horrendously expensive for what you get.

They are expensive, even more so when I was little because they were near impossible to get hold of, but I got years of enjoyment out of them, then handed them on to my sister who still plays with them now :)

well the best tyos are still indestrcutavble :D Like Lego :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->