Play Kitchens - When did they grow out of them?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I'm wondering how old your LO's were when they stopped showing interest in their play kitchens?

My children are 3 yrs 4 months and 4 yrs 8 months.

A friend on FB mentioned her children youngest 4.5 years old have grown out of it, showing no interest like they use to but my problem is they have never really been into it and for some time now I have wondered if they will grow into it more or it's time for it to go.

I have the ELC country kitchen which is quite basic compared to the new one. The play food is never played with properly, I found the wooden accessories slowly heading for the bin (wish I bought plastic) and the accessories they do have end up anywhere but.

To buy more accessories or give up?

Random Q :D

My DD is five and still plays with hers from time to time. Not everyday anymore like when she was two and first got it, but at least a few times a week she'll be at it pretending to cook up a meal and serve it to us. I'm sure in another year or two she'll be done with it as she's using it less frequently already but right now it still gets enough use. I do hate all the plastic play food though, it ends up everywhere and I've found it in the oddest of places, DD has a tendency to leave it lying around and forget about it, I can't say I'll be particularly sad when she's done with the thing.

my ds1 is 6 and a half and still plays with his BUT only when his brother 4 years 3 months plays too . my ds1's friend who is also 6 and a half heads straight for it when he comes over for play dates. The 4 year old as played with it most days since he had it for his 2nd birthday though so e was into it from the start

Well I don't think there is anything to worry about. Its normal, everyone is not equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->