Play time /group!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Sorry to sound so thick but I don't really know anyone with young kids apart from you guys and things change ....

When do you start taking LO to groups play times etc .... and does it benefit them or you?

:blush:

I go to my local toddler group, I first took Jack when he was 1 as i had forgotten about it ( used to take Em)
We have some people with really tiny babies
I think it is great for both mum and baby, gets you out of the house and talking to other people

I have made some great friends( see drunken pics on Facebook LOL) and our little ones will all be going to school together

It can be hard at first if you don't know anyone but i would say stick it out, at leatse you'll get a coffee

I've been wondering this also as I don't know any one where I live and its about time I had some friends here.

The trouble is the Mother and Toddler group is too old for her i think, when ive been with Chris's sister and took Chris's daughter to play there when Chris is at work the youngest baby I have seen there was about 8 months...
Not only this... at this particular one even Chris's sister keeps herself to herself and she usually speaks to any one as the mothers dont really look desirable. The trouble is we live in a Brandnew estate that was built on the outskirts of an old one thats a little like baghdad should we say, don't want to sound a snob or anything but the usual ones you see around here are the ones who palm there kids off every weekend and have their kids swearing as soon as they can talk and the community centre is shared.

Where I used to live back home I used to hear about alsorts of mother and 'baby' groups and all I can seem to find up here is mother and toddler. :huh:

Hmmm maybe we should open BabyandBump baby groups around the UK :lol:

Be interesting as the forum grows if people will do this - get together for play mornings/afternoons.

LOL great idea!!

Well maddie goes to tumble tots and ellie goes to music groups and i go to the local sure start ....

Maybe goole or call them to find out what goes on in your local area, there fantastic!

xxx

There is a web site which tells you whats in your area.....will try and find it & get back....

https://www.kidsguide.co.uk/

I've been taking mine to playgroup for a couple of months now. It's a multiples group too which is great cos there are other twins and even a set of triplets there as well as singleton children.

It gets really noisy and manic and it's a pain to get to (it starts at 9am on Monday morning :shock:). I get there for 10ish for an hour and a cuppa. The children really enjoy watching all the older kids running around and I think it helps them get used to being around other children too. One of the best things is they are totally knackered afterwards and have a lovely long sleep!

There are a couple of other mums that I've got friendly with that have twins slightly younger than mine and we meet up outside of the group too. It's nice to have a natter with other folks who understand what you're dealing with.

Highly recommend it Wobbles. Just gotta find the right group.

Thanks girls :D

Will look into it soon I think. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back