playing catch up

That's really good that another girl is going that she knows :)

Funny how they pick up the linking words when they learn a set phrase.
Esther's letters are like that too-she's doing a lot of tracing of her name and the letters are about 1 1/2 - 2 inches high.
I'm just incredibly thankful that she's an October birthday and therefore one of the oldest in her class. It means that where she is 18 months behind then she's just a little behind the youngest in her class. My son is an August birthday and had he had the same issues then he would of been nearly 2 years behind.

same situation here with the age we kept her back a year from starting school so shes going to be one of the oldest in her class which im hoping will be more in her comfort level as she will be in with a mix of 4 and 5 year olds . can you buy specific tracing sheets ?

I think although not sure with learned phrases they are just saying the words because they know its the appropriate response. they arent actually putting any thought into it so the linking words are just memorised . when they are talking for themselves and not just copying a phrase thats when i think the forgetting happens. words like "the" my daughter forgets all the time

I'm sure you can buy specific sheets but you could just print off letters and pictures for her to trace over.

Esther used things like this first of all at school. They had pictures too of trees, houses, flowers etc

image.jpg

We also bought her a wipe clean book of a similar thing from WHSmiths. I think it was in the preschool section.

That sound true about the linking words. I do sometimes wonder if Esther will actually ever pick up the linking words. We repeat things so many times and it takes an age for things to go in. Except songs-give her a short song to listen to 2 or 3 times and that's it, she'll be singing along almost word perfect!

I'm sure you can buy specific sheets but you could just print off letters and pictures for her to trace over.

Esther used things like this first of all at school. They had pictures too of trees, houses, flowers etc

View attachment 843523

We also bought her a wipe clean book of a similar thing from WHSmiths. I think it was in the preschool section.

That sound true about the linking words. I do sometimes wonder if Esther will actually ever pick up the linking words. We repeat things so many times and it takes an age for things to go in. Except songs-give her a short song to listen to 2 or 3 times and that's it, she'll be singing along almost word perfect!

our girls sound very similar! she can sing every word perfectly nothing is forgotten but spoken is completely different it really baffles me. after about 4 weeks now of actively encouraging her to say "she" for girl (everyone was he before) she actually said this morning " I don't know where she is" talking about her peppa toy. Im sure she will still forget but the fact it came to her herself i felt relieved after all my emphasising the she in sentences. i feel like a parrot at times lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->