Playing with my baby?

ab2401

Reaction score
So Rylee is six weeks old and I know shes still very young but I just feel bad because she for the most part eats and sleeps still, although she is spending more and more time awake and she is really starting to goo and gaa now its so cute and her little smiles kill me!

She smiles so much and then I pick her up and she gets grumpy so I lay her back down because she was once happy there and shes still grumpy :rofl:

Is there any way I can kinda "play" with her at this age she might enjoy?

My sisters baby is 5 days older then her and two weeks ago they came in town and my sister was pulling Nics hands up to his face and making a growing noise when his hands hit is mouth and he loved it! when she would pull his hand ways he would goo like crazy. It was very cute but Rylee didn't like it. :cry:

I just feel bad because sometimes it seems like she might be board and that makes me feel like a bad parent.

and suggestions?

I told my OH I felt like we never do anything with him. He always eats and sleeps. He will stay up for 4-5 hours in one stretch, once a day, but thats it. Jamie likes to tickle him and stuff. But I cannot wait until he is smiling and playing with his toys, etc.

Rylee is very ticklish but she hates to be tickled!

yeah, Colton hates it too. He will start to cry after you tickle him for a bit. At first he just jumps, but he is still young.

at this age they still can't see across the room and your face will be the most interesting toy for her!

eye-to-eye-contact, grimace, talking and singing is the best entertainment for her now :hi:

i agree with mickey, also use touch - find ways to touch her that she likes eg blowing raspberries on her belly, running a muslin over her skin etc.

Caitlins getting a bit playful now but for ages liked to be touched, hear your voice etc (still does) like Mickey & Marley says. OH said he can't wait to be able to get all her toys out :lol:

as well baby massage is a good way to entertain your LO at this age :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"