Playing with water in sippy cups, rather than drinking it

minties

Complete
Reaction score
This is a new phase I am NOT enjoying! Thomas has always been very good with drinking water from sippy cups, but recently he takes the water into his mouth then lets it all fall out, soaking his clothes.

I'm not sure if he's just taking in too much water, or he's being silly and playing with it. I've had to start offering him water in a babies bottle again, he doesn't spit it out of that!

Grrrr, anyone elses bubba done this? When do they grow out of it?

Holly does this ALL the time, in fact she rarely drinks it. I'm sure she's just being silly as she has a big grin on her face when she does it. She also shakes the cup so the water flies everywhere and soaks everything in sight.

Sorry, no advice. Hopefully it's just a phase that Thomas will grow out of. x x

Dylan went through a phase of doing this, I think its just them learning about how to use their mouth with non-milk liquids and playing. He will go out of it soon hun.

Thanks, glad to know he isn't the only one. I don't mind if we are somewhere outdoors and messy anyway, like the beach or the park, but when he does it at home it's jolly annoying as he is soaking the floors as well.

My LO does this often as well; I have found giving him his water in his sippy cup with the lid off means he is more keen to drink it properly-but then again sometimes he still doesn't realise the cup is open and tips most of it on himself....:(

Charlie does this all the time normally when ive managed to feed her and shes still clean! I think thank brill i havent got to change her and then she soaks herself! Really annoying!

Maria plays with her sippy cup all the time, she shakes it about and tips it upside down and chews on the bottom of it but cries if I take it away and then continues to drink. I just make sure she has a good waterproof bib on if I give her water!

Yep we get this loads! We bought one of this tommee tippee bibs that catches mess in the open pouch bit at the bottom & that helps stop her getting soaked.

She has realised she can take food that she has dropped put of it though so often eats soggy breadsticks from it. Yuk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->