please can someone give me advice!!

ryans mummy

Reaction score
Hello there,
Basically I need some advice for all you other mummys or expectant mummys out there:
My partner and I of nearly 4 years had our son last February. It was not a planned pregnancy but he has changed our lives for the better :)
I had the implant inserted into my arm in may last year. At the start my period were a bit eratic but soon settled and I had one every month.
Up until now anyway.
The problem is that I don't know the exact date of my last period but I know it was definitley not on or after the 5th of February , infact I'm pretty sure it was a good few days before that as it was our sons first birthday and I know excactly what was happening that week . Which is making me panic.
I went to the doctors the other day because I have been severely constipated and I also told him I was concerned about not having my period. He just said that I have nothing to worry about because I have the implant?
So I took a test yesterday and today and they were both negative but I keep panicking. I have been very grumpy but mainly just because I'm so constipated and either need to go to the toilet or have a period. ( I don't know if being constipated is having an effect on my period being late!?) and I have been eating a lot more than usual.
My last pregnancy I was just sat there and said out of no where I need a pregnancy test because I just knew with no symptoms at all that I was pregnant but this just feels weird,
Are 2 negatives enough to reasure me I am not pregnant?
And I know the chances of me getting caught out on the implant are slim but I'm still worrying about it!
We were planning on getting pregnant next year to have the best time with our son first and I have just got a new job so this wouldn't be the best of times right now!
Anyway so sorry for rambling on, if anyone can please please write back to a worrying mummy I would appreciate it very much!
Thankyou so much
Xx

Its really hard to get pregnant with the thing in your arm.... Really dont sound like your pregnant those things have a lot of side effects to them. my sister had one in her arm and her periods were all over the place.

The implant is based on only Progesterone. With a progesterone based contraception ie POP (mini-pill), implant, Mirena coil then you generally fall into 1 of 2 groups. Those who constantly bleed and those who have no discernible AF. Although it can take a couple of months to fall into a pattern.

I fall into the 2nd category and have not had a proper or discernible AF for almost 4 years (1 on the POP and 3 on the coil). When i say discernible, I mean that you might get some brown or red colour when you wipe but nothing else. However if you were to do a pee test you would show as having blood in your urine and nothing else.

There are lots of information and posts on the web about the lack of periods and it can make it very difficult. I am about to have my coil taken out and have no idea where in my cycle I am having had no AF in such a long time.

If you have more concerns I would recommend talking to your doctor or making an appointment with local Family Planning as they should be able to advise you on this.

Good luck

I am currently on the implant since nov 2011. I have been constantly bleeding I mean EVERYDAY since insertion. I've been having some bad side effects so am having it removed in a few weeks. However I havent bled properly for a week or so and have been symptom spotting because of it.

Hope u get the answer u want

Xxx alicea

For some people the implant can have side affects i had it in for about 2 years never had a periodi was convinced that i was pg several times I would get sore boobs I was gaining weight n I was a moody cow all the time. These syptoms all stopped once i had it removed. It is not Impossible to get pg on thee implant but it is highly unlikely

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->