Please crawl for me?? :(

luckymommy22

me, my bf, & our little m
Reaction score
My baby is going to be 7 months on the 26th of this month and shes still not crawling :( ....the doctor said its prefectly normal and that she may never crawl..and that she may go straight to walking.....but ive always looked so forward to seeing my baby crawl and take pics/videos. :(
Im NOT going to give up and settle for no crawling...does anyone have any tips/advice for me??
just to let you know..she gets plenty of tummy time and is already able to lift up onto her hands and knees....she just doesnt crawl..she sort of scoots in a circle right now
please help me help her :)

My eldest crawled at 10.5 months, my youngest first crawled at 6 months...children are so different! To encourage them both I worked out which things they really liked that they didn't really get to touch much (ie colourful mugs which both seemed obsessed with grabbing!) and placed them a few feet away as encouragement. Also get down on your hands and knees to chat and crawl around and gee them on as they love being cheered on!

Crawling at 7 months is considered slightly earlier than average hun. My LO started at 7 1/2 months. She did about 3 weeks of getting on all 4's and lifting her bum as high as possible in the air.

You still have ages yet before you should start getting worried. I know a few babies that didn't crawl till closer to 12m.

xx

I know a lot of babies of 6.5/7 months that don't crawl yet :). I think there's plenty of time still!

mu lo was about 9 and half months maybe before he started crawling, i was looking forward to it until it happens then you can never sit still again lol

My first was 8 months when he crawled, my second was walking around furniture before he crawled and my third was about 7.5-8 months when she crawled... you have NOTHING to worry about...

I remember thinking this about my dd. Since my son started everything so early (was running at 9 1/2 months) I thought my daughter should too. By 8 months I was getting upset cuz Riley would just push herself up and rock. At 10 months she finally started crawling! She crawled faster than any baby I ever seen lol...she also never started walking until she was 15 months so she crawled for 7 months! Nothing I did really encouraged her to crawl she did it on her own time but she is very timid

I think 'average' crawling time is actually around 8-9 months. A lot of websites and books say something on the line of 'most babies will start to crawl around 6 months' and people often then stop reading! What the websites/books then go on to say is babies start the process of crawling (as in getting tummy time and strengthening their necks etc..) at 6 months and then around 8-9 months should be crawling reasonably well and by 11 months should be a keen crawler! I think out of all my friends, the earlier baby to crawl was 7 months and the rest was around 8.5 months.

my LO could crawl pretty early (5 months) and i swear its down to letting him have my phone lol!
he wanted to play with it so bad he moved one day! he goes sooo quickly when he sees his 'forbidden items' :haha:
i wouldnt worry if she doesnt though, as said its perfectly normal

woah, 5 months is early!

To be honest, everyone wants their babies to crawl, but once they do they all wish their LO was stationary!!

Fran was 8 months when she actually crawled properly - she'd been pushing herself backwards for a couple of weeks before hand. 2 days later she pulled herself to her feet and a couple of weeks later she started cruising!

7 months is still early for crawling so don't worry hun - your LO will do it when good and ready xx

My DD is almost 7.5 months and doesn't crawl.
I think average for crawling is around 8 months.
Although some babies skip it altogether.

We have waited a long time to see Ellie do anything other than be able to lie on her back as she was in spica cast for 6 month, tbh if she doesnt crawl I wont be fussed at all and the chances of her crawling are pretty small as she has CP in her arms and they might not be able to with stand any weight so we just need to wait and see xx

my LO could crawl pretty early (5 months) and i swear its down to letting him have my phone lol!
he wanted to play with it so bad he moved one day! he goes sooo quickly when he sees his 'forbidden items' :haha:
i wouldnt worry if she doesnt though, as said its perfectly normal

Zac was the same... one day at about 4.5 months he suddenly shot across the room to get the sky remote (comando crawling but he hadn't shown any signs previously). In the last week he's been taking a few 'steps' of proper crawling but has now decided that being on hands and feet and trying to stand is much more fun!!

Most of the babies at the groups we go to are just starting to move around at about 8 or 9 months, i think mine is just freakishly strong and determined!!

My eldest now 7 comando crawled at 11 months never really properly crawled then walked before his 1st birthday

Zach who is 7 months comando crawls has done since he as 6 months & the past 2 weeks he has been up on all 4's rocking back 7 fourth shuffling his legs forward but not hands so dont no when he will crawl properly

Isobelle is a little over 9months and is still not crawling OR cruising ... maybe you have seen a few of my threads? lol!!

She is mobile though and rolls everywhere ... I would stay stop worrying but I am still worried about Isobelle so I won't LOL

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->