Please don't read and run!

Michelle11

Reaction score
We have 2 children, TTC#3.

I am normally a 29/30 day cycle. I had my last normal period Dec 3, and due for my period Jan 2.

I tried doing OPK from Dec 12 to the 28. We BD every other day, from the 13 to the 23. I never got a pos OPK.

For my first 2 kids I never used the OPK, I used a Fertility Monitor, as I used to be very irregular and was just coming off of the pill before my first. I was NOT on the pill before TTC#2 or 3.

AF was late... Jan 4 I had pink spotting.. then it turned to brown and pink, and is still the same today (Jan 10).. Implantation bleeding doesn't last a week does it? I had period like cramps last night, and I was really hoping for AF, just so something was actually happening. And NOTHING.

The only other symptoms I have is extreme fatigue. I am a shift worker and I have a 4 and 2 year old... so that could be why I am tired. And my boobs seem bigger. I have been a bit nauseated on and off.
THATS IT.

So... is this a light period? I have never had a light period like this, with the brown. Should I start OPK again? I am scared I will miss my next chance.

I have taken a million preg tests... all negative.

Please help!:wacko:

IB generally is between 1-3 days and can range between a few drops of brown or pink to medium flow of pink or light red. The latter isn't as common as the former. I would more say you just had an off AF than IB, but anything is possible. I would start back to the opks and possibly temp if you can to avoid these more unknown things. Goodluck.

You could have had an anovulatory cycle. When I had them, they were longer than normal cycles (about 45 days vs 33) and very light periods. This could explain the lack of the pos OPK (fertility monitors are fancy OPKs, they look for the same hormones +, on the Clearblue monitor a peak reading is the same as a pos OPK, a high reading is estrogen based not LH based).

You could have had an anovulatory cycle. When I had them, they were longer than normal cycles (about 45 days vs 33) and very light periods. This could explain the lack of the pos OPK (fertility monitors are fancy OPKs, they look for the same hormones +, on the Clearblue monitor a peak reading is the same as a pos OPK, a high reading is estrogen based not LH based).

Is it normal to have an anovulatory cycle? Crazy the first month we try, after 2.5 years of preventing... I have a messed up cycle?! Just seems so weird... and so annoying!!!!!!:growlmad:

Annovulatory cycles usually happen to every woman at some point or another. Some women get them as often as once or twice a year and that is still considered normal. I've never had one that I am aware of but they do definitely happen often to women ttc.

I'd never had implantation bleeding before this pregnancy, but it lasted 5 days and was very light red bleeding. I thought it was a period. I took a test a week later (because I was getting stretching pains) and got a strong BFP. I had no other symptoms and didn't think I would possibly be pregnant because I'd just had what I thought was a period.

Also, I've TTC a lot in my life, and I've NEVER had a positive OPK ever! They just don't work for all of us. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->